sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RE: Alistair Feedback

Go down 
+41
AnglBunny
arachni42
aime moi
LorenaFA
KoriNeko18
YukiNakamura
Rumi
Madoka
Mew Cookie
Fox Lee
Thelo
Fangurl18
puffausten
Mari
Titania
Xavim2000
Pyapi
Lokuri
Caimekaze
Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥
Teddiekun
DancingLeaf
mechanic
Cardia
Ftaró
DreamingShadows
HyuugaNinHitsuzen
Ginri
megami195
Riena
Yui
Archeia
Kirroha
midnight_sky
Syphri
FirefromAshes
Shattered-Marionette
tooaya
Thee Forsaken One
CosmicPudding
sake-bento
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
tooaya

tooaya

RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 pm

I see. o_o;
cause someone said that this is the first game that norton blocks, so I'm wondering if it's just us. lol
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 pm

It's been happening with games built on the latest version of Ren'py. So it might be the first game they've played with the newest Ren'py build.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
midnight_sky

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 pm

It says that the game is compatible for mac but I can't open it, what's going on?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Are you unzipping the file, or trying to run from inside the .ZIP? When you try to launch RE-alistair.exe, are you getting any errors, or is it just doing nothing?
Back to top Go down
midnight_sky

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:41 pm

I unzipped it and nothing happened, and when I tried to launch RE-alistair.exe it isn't supported isn't .exe only for windows?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:53 pm

You're right. I think on a Mac, what you want should be in the RE-alistair.app folder.
Back to top Go down
midnight_sky

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:56 pm

so, how do I get that?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:07 pm

When you unzip the file, I think you're supposed to dump it in your "Applications" folder, then use RE-alistair.app to run it? I've never installed on a Mac before, but it appears to be something where you just run RE-alistair.app?

Source:
http://guides.macrumors.com/Installing_Applications_in_Mac_OS_X#Application_Bundles
Back to top Go down
midnight_sky

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:37 pm

God I feel so lame, turns out I just had to click the thing that says "Re:alistair" for it to work, I feel so stupid
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:24 pm

That's okay. ^-^ I'm just glad that it worked out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:42 pm

okay sorry technically challenged here, but i can't figure out where the play button is for the game lol
i go to the folder realistair-all but, i don't know where to go after that.
help plz ^^
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:20 pm

If you're on Windows, it should be a file called RE-alistair.exe or just RE-alistair. The icon should be a white heart.

If you're on a Mac, it's RE-alistair.app, I believe. The icon would be a purple shape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:21 pm

okay i found how to play the game but now an error shows up on my screen that says The specified module could not be found LoadLibrary (pythondll)failed
so i click okay to get rid of the error message
and then another error pops up and says

C:/DOCUME~1\eh\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for realistair-all.zip\realistair-all\PYTHON25.DLL

so yeah i'm confused on how to fix it, i've downloaded the game twice now and the problem is still not fixed

yeah i played the game last night with no problems and now i can't get it to start up again.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:46 pm

That's really odd. It sounds like somehow the file that comes packaged in the zip was deleted somehow. Did you extract all the files to a new folder, or are you trying to run the game from inside the zip?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:00 pm

well i tried to delete the first alistair game i downloaded onto my computer (get more space) and also so i could re-download the game, maybe i deleted something important i dunno....but i figured that the game would re-download with everything that it needs to play

All i did was what you said, search Re-Alistair.exe and click on the silver heart. That's all that i'm doing

woah wait i didn't unzip it...maybe that's the problem?
i dunno how to unzip anything tho
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm

I think you need to unzip it. Right-click the RE-alistair.zip folder and choose "Extract All."
Back to top Go down
Kirroha

Kirroha

PostSubject: blah   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Managed to get all the CGs. Gotta say I like Travis the most.

I didn't like it when all your stat-raising are mostly based on luck, though. Whether you get only 2 points to 8(?) points from doing one activity in the evening.
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 am

random numbers would have more dynamic than just a set increase though. x3

although I do have to say, isn't the range a bit too large? >>;
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:36 am

It's a wide range, but I haven't had any issue getting much more than I need for each of the required stats. Of course, I know what I need, so I'm cheating. >.>

We could make the range 4-6 instead?
Back to top Go down
Kirroha

Kirroha

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:58 am

Hmm, but it shouldn't be just lingering about the average. Also, the average is a tad bit too low for one who doesn't know what stats they need yet. For example, if you get an average of 5 stat points per day, you'll need about 12 days just to get to the level of your basic stat, and most people don't even know just how many points they need. As for secondary, that'll need another 6 days, and tertiary would take about 3 days. That's altogether 21 days out of 30, and only IF you know what you're aiming for. Oh, and only if you're not so unlucky like me that one time where I kept getting bad ones and started panicking a few days near the deadline with 40 something being my main stat.

Even 6 as an average number will make all the difference. So I'll suggest maybe 5-7, or 4-7. It'll stop me from saving everytime evening arrives.

EDIT: Oh wait, there are items that actually increase your stats! Ah well, with that, 5 as average should be perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:02 pm

It's nearly impossible to get all the stats you need from night actions alone, even if you do know what you're aiming for.
Spoiler:
This was intentional, although I suppose it would be a good idea to make it more obvious in the in-game environment.
Back to top Go down
Kirroha

Kirroha

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:18 pm

I don't think I've bought anything for Shiro's playthrough (maybe a notebook though, since it was so cheap), but I managed to scrape through somehow. XD
Back to top Go down
Kirroha

Kirroha

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Alright, Deviantart isn't on a very good frequency with my internet connection right now. I hope nobody will blame me for putting this here.

First, I will like to say I'm Daydreamy-Stupor.

And now, I'll just post up the translations I've made for the names. Not sure if I should do the same for the internet names, though.

美瑞 (Merui)
This one was pretty easy. Sounds like it, and is a perfectly common girl's name in Chinese. Mei Rui.

高山 白 (Takayama Shiro)
This one I just literally wrote out the kanji for Taka, Yama and Shiro. This is only one of the possibilities though, since Taka can be written differently, and Shiro can be written as City as well. But ah well, this is the most common one. Gao Shan Bai.

特拉维斯 (Travis)
Just a simple English-Chinese translation, and it's pretty official, so it's simple. Te La Wei Si.

德里克 (Derek)
(Another possible one: 德拉克)
Same as above. De Li Ke.
Second one is De La Ke.
Your pick.

菲奥纳/娜 (Fiona)
I'm not sure if there's a need for this, but I remember the scene where Merui shouts out Fiona's name, so I just wrote it down for the heck of it. Fei Ao Na - The "Na" can be written in two ways, the second much more feminine than the first. Your pick, again.

That's all for now, I guess?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:52 pm

O: Nice! The kanji you chose for Shiro are the proper ones. For Derek, I personally prefer 德里克, but Chinese is not my realm of expertise. ^_^;;
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:24 pm

I like the translated names! *w* Are you going to be translating the scripts too? *shotshot*

For Shiro, I personally prefer these kanji: 鷹山 城 <--sounds more manly. XDDDD (but then again Shiro's girly for a boy >> )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE: Alistair Feedback
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next