sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jisei Feedback

Go down 
+11
Thee Forsaken One
Batora07
Lokuri
Szacun
tooaya
Entertainer13
Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥
Name
megami195
Cain0425
sake-bento
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Jisei is now available! You may leave your thoughts, questions, bug reports, and anything else that's related in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
Yummi

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:08 pm

The demo was amazing! Great voices, great characters, and an enrapturing experience. This game definitely seems worth the money on all fronts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zerix-ku

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm

I just finished the game. I have to say, it was intense and quite immersive, although the ending seemed a little abrupt. I knew it was the end, but it felt like there could've been something more just before the credits, I dunno. I just felt like that. I was wondering if there was actually more than one ending in which you catch the culprit.

I can't wait for the next installment. I assume there is one because of the ending. If there isn't... Darn thee! (It was still awesome, of course. Razz)
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm honored that you'd take the time to write. ^-^

Zerix-ku, you're right; the ending is pretty abrupt. I'll do my best to make sure the next one ends more gracefully. And yes, there will definitely be another installment. XD
Back to top Go down
Cain0425

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:02 pm

i got all the hits and clues but i still do not know the killer and what person name i am playing as all he got is this ??? is it tiger?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:19 pm

You don't get "???"'s name until the second game. As for getting the killer, where are you getting stuck? Are you getting through the spot where you talk about the order that everyone came in?
Back to top Go down
Cain0425

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:25 pm

well that part of have hard time with still do not get person that the killer and i think it chance but i am not sure one time i was talk to her and she kill me that why i think it her but how do get them to know it her
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Ah, I see. I've updated the hints page with a full walkthrough. I'm sure there will be some questions afterwards, so I'll try to get up an FAQ sometime in the next few days as well.
Back to top Go down
Cain0425

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:21 pm

thanks but there one thing i do not get where is the use b drive that where talk about and what person was talk in your head all that time ?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:26 pm

If you follow the walkthrough, the ending part after you capture the culprit explains it all.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cain0425

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:20 pm

thanks i got the ending and now cant wait for the next one come out and now for sure chance hade some do with all this bye for now
Back to top Go down
megami195

megami195

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Heh heh! Watching all that CSI & Law & Order payed off.

Nice game. Can't wait for the next installment. How often are you going update?
For the installments, do you have to download and install a whole new game? and do you have to pay for each new one as it comes out?
Back to top Go down
http://megami195.deviantart.com/
Name

Name

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:35 pm

megami195 wrote:
For the installments, do you have to download and install a whole new game? and do you have to pay for each new one as it comes out?
I've heard that the Jisei installments will be sold separately.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Darn, Name. You're really covering for me here. XD

Yeah, each installment will be a completely new game, sold for $15, although future ones will be significantly longer in length than Jisei. The next one is slated for a September release.
Back to top Go down
Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥

Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:42 am

YARGHHHHHH!!!!IT'S MY BAD FOR FORGETTING TO FOLLOW THE WALKTHROUGH,IM STUCK AFTER I FOUND THE DUCT TAPES AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO THEN LOLZ!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sofiaelhami
Name

Name

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥ wrote:
YARGHHHHHH!!!!IT'S MY BAD FOR FORGETTING TO FOLLOW THE WALKTHROUGH,IM STUCK AFTER I FOUND THE DUCT TAPES AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO THEN LOLZ!
Have you spoken to the detective yet?

If you have, move back to the Main Area and look around.
Back to top Go down
Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥

Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:41 pm

f0rget bout what I said XD I just stuck cause I forgot to follow the walkthrough XP I'll try playing it again with the walkthrough =P
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sofiaelhami
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:45 pm

The walkthrough gives you the right answers for certain characters and the final answer. If you're stuck at any point in time, you might want to try examining the rooms or seeing if anyone has anything else to say.
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Good Start, But Underwhelming   Jisei Feedback EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm a sucker for visual novels, dating sims, and all of those that fall in between. It stemps from my love of those old "You choose the story" books from my childhood, all the way back to "The Cave of Time." This is a format I usually greatly enjoy, and I love seeing multiple endings, learnign from my failures, or just seeing a well-crafted story reach its conclusion.

Jisei has it's obvious bright spots. The art, capably drawn by M. Beatriz Garcia, is as wonderful as it was in another game I enjoyed, "The Flower Shop." It's genre appropriate, considering the origins of visual novels, dynamic in emotions, and well utilized.

The story, by Ayu Sakata, is filled with clichés, but in the fun way. It's a well conceived plot, with a few nice twists and turns. The dialogue plods at a few points, and seems at moments unnatural, but in general, it works. The cold open with no background for our protagonist works well, though. Very hard-boiled,

Jisei is a well crafted work of art, no question. The only parts that gave me a few problems were as follows:
  • The demo took me about halfway through the story. While normally not an issue, the sad part was this was an incredibly short game, so...
  • It ended too quickly. It was just, "ta da!" over, and I felt like there should have been a better finish, something with more meat, to tie up the game.
  • For $15, I felt a little cheated. Not necessarily by the length of the game, but due to the fact that the demo showed off half the game. I felt like I basically paid $15 for the ending.

These are the main issues I had with Jisei. I understand artist work long hours, and command much money for their valuable skills, so needing to charge $15 is reasonable, if not affordable. I just felt like I already got most of it for free.

Also, I kind of wish it was more 100% visual novel, rather than the few moments of control, here and there. When I played "Rise of the Little Brother," a visual novel I greatly enjoyed, I mostly just pointed him in directions and enjoyed a fun series of stories. Perhaps the longer, future installments promised will balance out the detective work with the narrative, though.

Overall, I will be checking out (ie buying) the second installment. The introduction seemed interesting, but I need to see what a true, full game is like.

Good job, sakevisual, and keep up the fun work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback! Your support, and your comments mean a lot, and I definitely need it to help shape the direction of the series. We'll do our best to make sure the second chapter is even better than the first.
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Through some ways I managed to get my hands on the full version, and I have to say...the ending was quite predictable. (or maybe I'm just that smart 8D *shot* )

The epilogue is very interesting though, more interesting than the detective process in fact. The only thing is that..it's kinda..short? By short I mean, 80% of the game are included in the demo, and people really just have to buy the game to see the ending? >>; I feel like..the game just cheated my money out of my pocket, since the actual paid version was actually less than the demo content.

...oops, looks like someone else said this already. XD
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:59 pm

The demo is actually around 45% of the length of the game. >_> I think the game just moves faster once all the clues start falling into place. La~

I think the ending is pretty easy once you get the final clue, but some people have found it really difficult. I think I just have brilliant people playing this, so I'll have to make the second one super hard. XD Actually, the second one currently has a branching storyline, so there are other things to do besides solve the murder (stuff relating to the epilogue from the first one).
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:26 pm

sake-bento wrote:
The demo is actually around 45% of the length of the game. >_> I think the game just moves faster once all the clues start falling into place. La~

I think the ending is pretty easy once you get the final clue, but some people have found it really difficult. I think I just have brilliant people playing this, so I'll have to make the second one super hard. XD Actually, the second one currently has a branching storyline, so there are other things to do besides solve the murder (stuff relating to the epilogue from the first one).
Sounds good! Replay value is always fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com
penguin

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:10 am

err.. I hope I'm not ruining the atmosphere but I do agree that the game way way too short.. if some game should have been sold for 15$ it's definitely Allistair, which had more endings and.. just was better, I guess.
Sure the artwork was amazing, and so was the dub (I was really surprised, usually I really hate them.. ;XD) but.. it was way too easy to get to the ending, which was really unsatisfying (yeah I know there'll be a 2nd game.. but still)
also, I missed the CG albums TOT

and, woah, I really sorry if it came out aggressive or something >__< I really love your games and admire your hardwork, so thank you so much for making this game!
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:15 am

It's not really ruining the mood to state your opinion, especially when you do it as calmly as you. Ruining the mood something more like "UR GAME SUX AND ITS BAD CUZ ITS SHORT."

I need this feedback so that I can make my games better (and worth it for you) in the future.

There's been some discussion about having a CG gallery. Is it really something you'd like to see? I didn't include one because I thought people wouldn't be interested; that's why there's only a production sketches gallery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jisei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback Empty

Back to top Go down

Jisei Feedback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next