sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kansei Feedback

Go down 
+12
GingerandSnow
meichan
Sana96
morningmsa
X
animefangirl57
Mari
Thelo
Szacun
megami195
Entertainer13
sake-bento
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Got any questions, comments, cookies, or bug reports? We'll take them all here!

Don't forget to check our walkthrough and FAQ first:

http://sakevisual.com/kansei/walkthrough.html
http://sakevisual.com/kansei/faq.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 am

*EDIT*

Issue resolved. Go about your business with constructive feedback and all that.

Last edited by Entertainer13 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com
megami195

megami195

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Great Game ^_^   Kansei Feedback EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Once I saw the new game was up I downloaded it immediately and played thru it half the night ^_^.
Got the first two endings...still trying for the "true ending".
I love the new art. And the moving backgrounds were a nice touch. I was like "Hey! it's Seattle! XD" I thought that was cool cause I'm from around there.

Wow! The story is getting really intense. It's such a great story, so full of suspense and plot twists. I can't wait for the next part so I can learn more about all the characters and their mysterious pasts. >w<

And I can't wait for more of the other games. I love Visual Novel games. They have so many in Japan, and they have lots of different types, I'm sad they haven't caught on more here. So When I found out about this site I was so happy ^_^ Keep up the good work.

Back to top Go down
http://megami195.deviantart.com/
Szacun

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Man, the Best Ending is tricky to get, I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right, probably in the wrong order. I just hope it isn't "The Syndrome of Hidden Pixel That You Have to Click in Order to Beat the Game". When i first got to the end i was afraid it's going to be even shorter than Jisei, but the branching actually gives ton of possibilities, and that's great (even if i'm currently a little stuck).

The graphics and voice quality is even better than in Jisei, and the few nitpicks i might have are a results of my personal preferences, and by no means Your fault, so I shall keep them for myself.

Overall, it seems that sequel to something great turned out to be even better, and that's something hardt to pull off. Good job!
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Thank you so much. I'm glad you both are enjoying it so far.

The true end is pretty tricky, since there's one flag you have to activate to get it.
Spoiler:

Entertainer13 wrote:
I was attempting to purchase Kansei, but apparently clicked on the first "buy" link I saw. I now own two copies of Jisei. I have the e-receipts and everything... is there any way I could get this rectified?
What's the email address you used to order it? You can PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.
Back to top Go down
megami195

megami195

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Locked in the basement end?   Kansei Feedback EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:45 pm

So in the hints for the SD end it says to get the 'Locked in the basement' end you have to be on bad terms with Marissa... I haven't figured out how to get that -_-
Back to top Go down
http://megami195.deviantart.com/
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Yeah, that was totally my fault. I was writing the two different paths, and I got them mixed up when I wrote the walkthrough. It's sad that I have this huge tree of plot written down for the game, but writing the walkthrough gives me this much trouble. D:

The Locked in the Basement end actually comes when you follow the Find the Killer Path. If you lower Sophia's trust, then tell her the cognac might be poisoned, she'll figure out the killer without you and you'll get a bad end.
Back to top Go down
mercq

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Review!   Kansei Feedback EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:31 pm

I thought you might appreciate another review. I just beat Kansei so the game is fresh in my mind and all that.

First, things I thought could have been fixed or done better just to get them out of the way: (note how small this list is compared to the one that will follow.)
- Each replay was rewarding, but a few parts at the beginning that didn't change throughout each runthrough started to get old. ("YES, Aki, I WILL let you ask me the same four questions again!") Was this my fault for not saving right before making game changing choices? Probably. XD But without the walkthrough, you don't quite know when that point starts.
- I also did feel like I was backtracking a bit, especially in later playthroughs. After a while going through each conversation again got tiring, especially when one ending was near identical to another until the last sequence.
- It did seem like some of the endings were triggered by arbitrary decisions (not sending down Kevin, for example, or not telling Sophia the truth.) Buuut I suppose that made sense in context of the story (It's not as if the endings were ruined by going WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR and answering wrong), and it's easy enough and encouraged to replay. But finding the correct sequences were a bit tricky, and I had to resort to a walkthrough because I never could tell what exact decision I was messing up on. And I really don't know how you could fix this quite yet, so...just thought I'd bring it up.
- Very occasionally the transitions in the music and the graphics were a bit rough - example being going back to being with Aki after the adventure with getting Kevin out of his lair, the jump of graphics made it a bit awkward. And the music, when changing, could benefit from a few fade outs. But these are minor whinings.
- NEED MOAR SEXUAL TENSION BETWEEN AKI AND MIKO (really this is a serious review really)

Now, the good things.
- This game is GORGEOUS. THe new art style does nothing but good for the feel of the game, the slight adjustments to layouts is lovely, and the music is beautiful. It's an incredibly polished game that I would expect from a top-tier visual novel company producing for say, the DS or PSP.
- The writing itself is also hilarious. You do a great job of capturing each character's voice and making them recognizable and unique ("Got it in one!"). The story I thought this time was a little better woven than Jisei, which is complimented by the multiple endings. Lots of visual novel authors tend to do long, dramatic beginnings full of symbolism and such just for the sake of them being there, which I wondered at first if the tangram thing at the beginning was going to wind up being - but actually, it perfectly described the story. With each new decision tree you could see another piece of the puzzle at hand - and more importantly, the puzzle behind Kangai - fall into place, and it really made the tangram allusion ring true.
- This game was also far more bang for its buck than Jisei. With the much more intricate plot and multiple endings, I felt that I was really getting my fifteen buck's worth out of it. The multiple endings were really well done here, and you could tell that you planned out the story and writing carefully. It's always a great feeling when you go back to reread something with an ending that surprised you and see that it was obvious the whole time -
Spoiler:

SO. Great game, smart story, and beautiful execution.
willtherebeanother

Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh, wow. ::massive hearts:: I always appreciate another review, and your thoroughness is thoroughly fantastic. Honestly my heart is beating kind of fast right now because I'm so happy. All of your comments are fantastic. I'm always looking for things that can be improved, so thank you for that, and knowing that you enjoyed watching the story unfold makes me so happy. So thank you for that as well. Eee...so happy right now~

There's definitely more to come. Lots of big secrets and dead bodies in the future. XD (And more Aki and Miko being Aki and Miko.)
Back to top Go down
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:39 pm

After three hours of game play, I achieved all "real" the endings of Sakei Visual's game, "Kansei." That sounds short for a game, one might say, but considering the genre is "visual novel," and the story is more important than game play time, I equate the game with a movie more than anything. The interaction between characters - their backgrounds, their stories - is more important that difficulty level or game play.

However, as far as the game play is concerned, that also is a strength for this game. I could have likely found all the endings to Kansei in under two hours if I had realized the folks at Sakei Visual cared about something oddly important to visual novels: building relationships. You see, I realized what I was missing was being "open and honest" with certain characters. By denying myself information, I was unable to complete solving one end of the case. That was amazing to me.

Kansei is a definite improvement over its predecessor. All the original creation crew is on board, and they have all learned from the first game. The art has grown, the characters are more developed, the voice acting is superb, the music is wonderful, and the fact that one has to build relationships with characters is astounding to me. You leave one key out of place, and you end up with an unsolved mystery, or complete screw up.

I personally had zero issues with the game. The character of Li Mei is as mysterious and interesting as the protagonist, and I look forward to sequels to see this world fleshed out. Only critique I would give is that I wish the experience hadn't ended!

Last edited by Entertainer13 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar errors.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Thank you so much for your comments! It's really an honor that you enjoyed it (and I'm glad you're making use of our bonus material ^o^). We'll do our best to make the next installment just as good (or better!), so please look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Thelo

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Just wanted to say that the writing, voices, and art for Kansei are all top-notch. I only wish I could have more. Huge props to everyone involved! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Thank you very much! We're very glad that you enjoyed it. ^o^
Back to top Go down
Mari

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:02 am

Super happy this took longer than Jisei did for me! I'm just still sad that Chance ended up being evil...and even eviler in this game, despite the little she's in it.

I mostly just have a few questions for some clarifications--though, I can totally understand if you can't answer without spoiling the next game XD

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
animefangirl57

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: help getting the kansei 3rd cg...   Kansei Feedback EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:22 pm

firstly, LOVE every single one of your games X3

Ok iv played through Kansei and gotten all 3 endings, but i cant figure out how to get the 3rd CG (the furthest on the right in the top row). On facebook you said that you get it by telling liam that his uncle died of a heart attack, i did this while following the true ending route and still didnt get it T.T what am i doing wrong lol
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:01 am

Mari wrote:
Super happy this took longer than Jisei did for me! I'm just still sad that Chance ended up being evil...and even eviler in this game, despite the little she's in it.

I mostly just have a few questions for some clarifications--though, I can totally understand if you can't answer without spoiling the next game XD

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

animefangirl57 wrote:
firstly, LOVE every single one of your games X3

Ok iv played through Kansei and gotten all 3 endings, but i cant figure out how to get the 3rd CG (the furthest on the right in the top row). On facebook you said that you get it by telling liam that his uncle died of a heart attack, i did this while following the true ending route and still didnt get it T.T what am i doing wrong lol
I asked a player to see if they could get that CG, and this is the route she came up with:
Quote :
Naoki going to the basement to reset power, interviewing everyone as much as possible until Aki appears in the lobby, meeting Liam in the hallway and selecting "heart attack", visiting the living room after Marissa-Liam interview, to talk to Liam about the "economics project", revisiting the living room to meet a bored Liam leaving, following him to the lobby, asking the question about dog fighting; Aki appears in the scene, and his doom is sealed!
Back to top Go down
X

X

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:11 pm

I thought that Jisei was great, but this game tops it completely. It looks utterly professional, the writing is great and the art is on par. Definitely worth the money <3

However, I've got a few questions..

Firstly, how do I get to the true ending? I've got the other two, but I just can't seem to trigger this one, even with the walkthrough.
Spoiler:

And secondly, what nationality is Mikolaj supposed to be? His name just screams Eastern European tu me, but its pronunciation is very French. Hmmm..
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Hm...I looked at the code, and you've done everything necessary to unlock the True End. Just in case, I made a quick fix patch that will force the first two endings to be cleared:
http://www.box.net/shared/fomk5cbkqoh8ynrt4nkm

Add this to your game directory, and this should change the settings properly.

P.S.
No one else should use this.
Back to top Go down
X

X

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:53 am

It worked like a charm!

Thank you very much for the help, and for such a quick response, too. C;
Back to top Go down
morningmsa

morningmsa

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:36 pm

no, really, what's with Miko's name? Shouldn't it be pronounced like 'Mikolay' or something? o:
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:43 pm

morningmsa wrote:
no, really, what's with Miko's name? Shouldn't it be pronounced like 'Mikolay' or something? o:
Yes, actually. It was an error in voice direction on my part. I used to date a Polish guy, but his family Anglicized their name pronunciation, so I wound up telling all the actors the wrong way to say it. (Totally my fault there.) I'll probably leave it that way for the sake of consistency, but the proper way to pronounce it would be with a "y" sound at the end of his name.
Back to top Go down
Sana96

Sana96

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:42 am

Hiya!
My name is Sana and I played your game like day before yesterday and I've been hunting for this forum since then! Seriously. Jisei and Kansei are two of the best VN's I've played in a while. I thought Jisei was amazing and then I played Kansei and...wow. You sure know how to make a mystery game suspenseful!
Jisei was great but there were a lot of things that I felt you could have improved on. The art for example was nice but it didn't really give the "murder mystery" vibe. But Kansei was like AMAZING. Seriously. In my opinion, everything was absolutely perfect with Kansei. And Jisei's ending was kinda unexpected to me. Kansei is awesome and was like totally worth buying for. I think the same goes for Jisei too.
I recommended both to my friends and they love it too! Me and my friends are totally rooting for you and your team. Oh and voice effect is TOTALLY awesome. <3
So yeah, I'm super excited about the continuation of this series and any other VN's you make. I wanted to review this game to tell you how amazing it is. You have talent with VN's! I'll end this comment by saying: You rock, girl! Very Happy
-Sana
(P.S: Totally love Miko and Aki's interactions. I hope they end up together. xD They make me SQUEEE! <3)
Back to top Go down
meichan

meichan

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: lovvvvvvvvvve iiiiitt :D   Kansei Feedback EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:58 am

i play it here today and i love it so much, are there going to be a third game in it because if there is then i can't wait for it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dug-chi.deviantart.com/
GingerandSnow

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Darn SD   Kansei Feedback EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

So, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, missing the obvious, or there's something up with my game, but I just can't seem to get the SD ending, even using the walkthrough. How am I supposed to talk to Kevin about the vault?

I read Mr. Auten's last moments and went to go talk to Kevin, but he has the usual conversation options, no more. Am I supposed to talk to someone else first, or do something else before it works out?

No one else seems to have this problem... Sad

But I LOVED Jisei, and I'm loving Kansei so far! You've got a lot of talent, sake!
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Try talking to Detective Gurski first. Ask him if he knows if Mr. Auten has a vault at the bank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kansei Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kansei Feedback   Kansei Feedback Empty

Back to top Go down

Kansei Feedback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next