sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WannabeManyThings

WannabeManyThings

Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games Empty
PostSubject: Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games   Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Hello, Sake-Bento! I'm a huge fan of sakevisual, and one of my favorite games of yours is RE:Alistair++. In fact, I would say it's one of my favorite games of all time. Even though I've gotten all the endings, CGs, and everything, I still go back through and play each character over and over again, just for the heck of it.

However, I have had one slight complaint about the game: no voices. I heard that there was supposed to be a voiced version, but it was cancelled. I'm not sure why, and to be quite honest with you, I'm not interested in the reasons, as I'm sure they were good ones.

I'm not sure if you're aware of the existence of Voice Acting Alliance, but as for me, I visit the site nearly every day. It's a safe haven for amateur producers, voice actors, and the like who do that sort of thing for fun. No payment involved.

I would like to produce a dub of RE:A++. Obviously, it won't be for profit, and I'll post it on YouTube where everyone can see it. I won't be incorporating the voices into the actual game itself. We'll jump around and do some scenes here and there, and hopefully we'll be have the whole thing dubbed at some point. But again, we won't be doing it for profit, and I'll credit you, of course. Every post we make, be it on YouTube or on the Voice Acting Alliance, I'll include a link to the sakevisual website, and your name will be on it as well.

However, I do understand if you don't want me to do so. Whether it be copyright issues, or because you don't feel comfortable putting this in someone else's hands, or etc.

I'd appreciate a reply. Even a simple, blunt "no" is good enough for me. :)
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games   Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Hey! Thanks for asking. Officially, I can't really say "yes," but I do believe in Fair Use, and I always encourage fan works. If you do it, I won't be angry or pursue any sort of legal action. It'll be treated as a separate fan work that's not produced by sakevisual, but I'll definitely watch all of them. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
WannabeManyThings

WannabeManyThings

PostSubject: Re: Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games   Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:03 am

Thank you for replying so quickly! Since you're being so nice, I'll be sure to post a link once we get the first bit done <3

I knew you were awesome, but I figured I'd better ask first. Thanks again! xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games   Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games Empty

Back to top Go down

Asking for permission to fandub one of your free games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sakevisual :: Feedback :: Otome Games-
Jump to: