sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)

Go down 
+30
benjetta96
Veniae
Fuuyumi
Bittersweet
L-squared
Kazuki-kun
aquarius1311
Oniyuri
Kinya
GeneDNC
Antos
asterisk0228
Egressus
Kurocha
KittyKatStar
Ash Falls Town
starryxsky5
meichan
Deji
Jason Todd
Thordis
Princess Akina
RaineDazeDays
maedinn
confusedmuse
Kirroha
Evarise
Darkmoonfire
NoJoker
sake-bento
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
benjetta96

benjetta96

Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)   Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:00 am

RAM: 2 GiB
Graphics: On-board shared memory. 64 megabytes.

Everything was LOVELY! Aside from the opening. Before starting the game, I received a notification that my graphics driver is old and some things might not appear correctly.

The opening wouldn't play. It went to a black screen and played less than one second of the music before freezing.

The game overall was a little laggy, but I'm sure that's just my haughty out-dated machine.

I can't wait for the final release!

Last edited by benjetta96 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://benjettagames.com/
opitzs

PostSubject: Late to the party, but here goes   Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:06 pm

I just started the program on

Dell Inspiron Duo
Crunchbanglinux Waldorf with backported packages

The video does not play, you can here a few seconds of music, but the screen just goes blank, this happens in windowed and fullscreen mode. In vlc I am able to watch the (superb) video.
Otherwise no problems worth mentioning, yet...
Back to top Go down
benjetta96

benjetta96

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)   Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 pm

RAM: 4 GiB
Processor: AMD Quad-core 2.25 ghz

Everything works perfectly. No flaws what-so-ever.

Last edited by benjetta96 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
benjetta96

benjetta96

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)   Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I tried it on a third computer.

Dell Optiplex GX270
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit)
RAM: 2 GiB
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.24 ghz single-core processor
Video memory: 92.5 mb

A little lag here and there, but I think that's just Vista being a hog on the processor and memory. Video played fine. Nothing else.

I'll try to dig up a computer with XP on it tomorrow to do more testing. Until then, farewell.
Back to top Go down
carito728

carito728

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)   Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:52 am

Video card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
Video memory size: 256 MB
RAM: 1 GB (1024 MB)
Processor: AMD Sempron 3200+ 1800 MHz

I played both Jisei and Kansei.

Thoughts:
• I loved the new characters, each one is so different.
• The death scene was very cool, I loved how you specified everything Alex was feeling.
• I didn't really like the fact that you revealed Kangai's name so easily, I was expecting some more mistery to his name.
• The feature of Kangai's glasses was very creative, and I also noticed in the part where the two guys take Kangai to a room, the dialogue changes if Kangai has glasses or if he doesn't (If he has the glasses on I think he says something like "The glasses don't make me smart enough?"
• The idea of Li Mei sleeping in the closet made me laugh a lot xD

Bugs:
• The opening movie did or didn't play time to time, I mean the first time it played but it paused in the middle of the video and then continued, the second time the video didn't show, but the music kept playing.

Back to top Go down
http://trululu1.deviantart.com/
dejaime

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)   Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm

File downloaded: yousei-0.1b-all.zip
System
Code:
Video Card: Geforce GTS450 1GB DDR5
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 260 (3.2GHz)
4GB Ram DDR3 and a 1TB@7200RPM HD
The game is running fine, as well as the video snippet, witch played both graphic and sounds.

At first sight, everything looks in place, but the full screen mode made the messages box's text blurry.
The Save/Load seems to be working perfectly.
Will play the demo to its end and see if anything else catches my eyes.
Back to top Go down
King0Mik

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)   Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Video Card/Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family
Demo Version: Universal 0.1b
I've played Jisei and Kansei before.

Everything (the opening and the exploration part) works perfectly okay for me.
Most of the errors I found were pretty minor.
The most major one I've probably found is Marissa's "I'm out of town on an assignment right now, but could you stop by the university and see what he knows." It needs a question mark at the end, and I think the "but" should be a "so" since you're not really contrasting. So "I'm out of town on an assignment right now. Could you stop by the university and see what he knows?" or "I'm out of town on an assignment right now, so could you stop by the university and see what he knows?" should work.
Also, before that part, there's Marissa' s "He was in charge of their research project before it shut down." The sentence is perfectly fine as it is, and you don't have to change it if you don't want to. However, I think it would make more sense to be "He was the one in charge of their research project before it shut down." considering Kangai asks Marissa who Mr. Johansen is prior to the sentence.
There are a couple compound sentences which use "and" that are missing a comma, but that's nothing major.
And there's Kangai's 'So far, I don't see any signs labeled "This way to secret evil genetic experiments."' I think the "This way to secret evil genetic experiments" should either be "this way to secret evil genetic experiments" or "This Way to Secret Evil Genetic Experiments" mainly because he's referring to a sign, and signs typically do not start with one capital letter and the rest in lowercase. This isn't really something that needs to be changed though.
The part after Jupiter finds Kangai, Kangai's (inner dialogue thing) "Which is weird, because I've never seen her before." shouldn't be having a comma there. But it could probably stay since people typically would have that pause there.
Shortly afterwards, there is Kangai's (inner dialogue thing) "Me..?" which needs an extra dot to become "Me...?"
I feel like such a Grammar Nazi now.

So, my random ramblings about the game:
I seriously like Kangai's sarcasm. Especially his response to Jupiter's "Why are you here?"
Kangai's not-being-a-morning-person-ness amuses me. Then again. I think anyone's not-being-a-morning-person-ness amuses me.
Somehow, I was really, really excited about Chance's return. And her return only caused me to have more questions. Like: why does she know Kangai's "name" (Kangai)? It could be because of Liam though. I don't exactly remember what happened in that extra scene....
And I love how the one person they all need to see...dies. Before they can see them.
And the small part with Kangai's kansei was interesting. Very interesting. It makes me wonder if kansei can be advanced or "leveled up." And I hope "poor Kangai" is not stuck in that body....
For some reason, I got very excited over the lab equipment while examining the lab room. Especially the petri dishes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)   Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yousei Beta Feedback (Latest Update: 07/26/2012)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3