sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jisei Feedback

Go down 
+11
Thee Forsaken One
Batora07
Lokuri
Szacun
tooaya
Entertainer13
Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥
Name
megami195
Cain0425
sake-bento
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Entertainer13

Entertainer13

Jisei Feedback - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:28 pm

sake-bento wrote:
It's not really ruining the mood to state your opinion, especially when you do it as calmly as you. Ruining the mood something more like "UR GAME SUX AND ITS BAD CUZ ITS SHORT."

I need this feedback so that I can make my games better (and worth it for you) in the future.

There's been some discussion about having a CG gallery. Is it really something you'd like to see? I didn't include one because I thought people wouldn't be interested; that's why there's only a production sketches gallery.
I personally don't need a CG gallery. I like multiple endings more than anything. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.centurycitygames.com
penguin

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Quote :
It's not really ruining the mood to state your opinion, especially when you do it as calmly as you. Ruining the mood something more like "UR GAME SUX AND ITS BAD CUZ ITS SHORT."

I need this feedback so that I can make my games better (and worth it for you) in the future.

There's been some discussion about having a CG gallery. Is it really something you'd like to see? I didn't include one because I thought people wouldn't be interested; that's why there's only a production sketches gallery.

woah, fast reply! thank you ^^;
actually, yeah, I think it added a lot to Alistair, for example, and made me really want to complete all of the endings (despite the fact I didn't like Derek) and made it much more fun.
Back to top Go down
Name

Name

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 am

sake-bento wrote:
I loved the production sketches gallery. A CG gallery would be nice, too, even if it was just the cut-outs.

Spoiler:

Entertainer13 wrote:
I like multiple endings more than anything.
Seconded.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Szacun

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Just finished the game
I took a risk and bought the full version without going through the demo (take it as the proof of the trust i have in developers after playing alistar), so i don't feel like i paid "just for the ending". (but still the game seems a little short for it's price).
Graphics were really good, voice acting was amazing (only the female singer ine the intro wasn't so good, but also not that bad). The intrigue was a little too simple for my taste, but at i didn't know who's the murderer from the begining (it happens). Ending leading to the next chapters is very promising and doesn't seem forced.
The worst flaw is that the game is not only short, but also completly lacks replayabilty, even for VN/adventure game. After completing the game there's really no point in checking other choices. An alternative ending when you accuse wrong person, but somehow convince Mikolaj that youre right would be nice. Don't really see a point of CG gallery, sketches are enough.

Phew, long time since i wrote something so long in english, hope it isn't to chaotic.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 am

Thanks~ No definitely, not chaotic. You have some good points, and we really appreciate the feedback.

A "wrong" end would be pretty interesting...::ponders::

Name wrote:
Spoiler:
Oh, but you FOUND it. That makes you a winner. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
Lokuri

Lokuri

PostSubject: Love this game!   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Hello. I would like to begin by admitting that I've only stumbled on a few Visual Novels, all of which were demos (I found them on BigFishGames/Amaranthia), so I am only vaguely familiar with the process of visual novels.

However, I'm very pleased that I stumbled upon Jisei (I saw that it was a new game on Amaranthia and just from the picture, I knew the artistic value would be top-notch). When I tried out the demo, the first thing that grabbed me was the message (how people long for a last wish before they die) and the mystery that grabs you in right away! The opening was AMAZING: how it introduced the characters before-hand and (after many times of listening to it) how the song goes with the game. Of course, I do have to agree the female voices could have been a tad better (the high pitch one didn't harmonize as much as the other voice to the males voice). Also, I loved how it keeps you guessing (from Kizaki's suspicious frights to Chance's boyfriend problems to Ms. Bergstrom's mysterious job). To be honest, I thought the voice in the head belonged to Kizaki (he seemed mysterious in a way, and he gets scolded for being the cause of the distraction).

All in all, it does seem expensive, but I too hope I can buy it. I really want to find out the ending, as well as prepare for the continuation. I love the concept of ??? having the power to relive the death of the deceased, and I want to know more about him (like his name, his father -- and family, and his past in general). Keep up the good work! Very Happy

I am inspired to try more visual novels now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:06 am

Thank you so much for your review!

If you haven't yet, do check out RE: Alistair++. It's a dating sim visual novel, so not the same genre, but we're super proud of it (and it's free~).
Back to top Go down
Batora07

Batora07

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi, I would thanks the sakevisual team to make a such great job ! All of your releases are always really great ! I love you
I specially enjoyed Jisei, which I would translate in french... If that's not bothering you ?
I eagerly await your next projects (Kansei... I want this game so bad ! Shocked and also Oneiro et Plat Principal)...

A French addict of sakevisual... santa

(sorry for my bad english... Sad I understand better than I speak...)
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Batora07 wrote:
Hi, I would thanks the sakevisual team to make a such great job ! All of your releases are always really great ! I love you
I specially enjoyed Jisei, which I would translate in french... If that's not bothering you ?
I eagerly await your next projects (Kansei... I want this game so bad ! Shocked and also Oneiro et Plat Principal)...

A French addict of sakevisual... santa

(sorry for my bad english... Sad I understand better than I speak...)
That would be cool! Please send me a PM so we can talk about it more.
Back to top Go down
Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 5:02 am

Just thought you might like to know I found someone with the full version of Jisei up for download: Edit: Link Removed
Back to top Go down
http://theeforsakenone.deviantart.com
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Bah, meanness. Apparently some people don't want to see Kansei finished. : /

Thanks for notifying me.
Back to top Go down
Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 4:13 pm

No problem. I was quite surprised. Might be stealing but at least you're noteworthy enough to be stolen from now.
Back to top Go down
http://theeforsakenone.deviantart.com
Lokuri

Lokuri

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 12:19 am

Yay, after all this time, I was able to buy and complete Jisei...in one day. *sigh* I wish I hadn't read all the spoilers and experimented with the demo as much as I did. Still, it was rather interesting, to say the least. The epilogue was a shocker, though. :p

I also liked how you could accuse other people, including the detective. I'm still very interested in the mystery behind ???, including what his name is.

It did indeed end much too quickly, but I hope my purchase allows all of the fans--including me, of course--to get one step closer towards the sequel. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:30 am

Thank you very much! We're doing our best to give an even fuller and longer experience for the second chapter that wraps up a lot of questions (and poses some new ones owo). I think we're about 1/4 of the way to our goal right now. ::nods::
Back to top Go down
Mari

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm

I've only tried the demo (Can't afford to buy it right now) and while I do plan on buying the full game, I had a few issues:
1. There's no mention of when you're getting close to the end of the demo--and I didn't save very often so I'll have to redo nearly everything once I do buy the game.
2. The main character's powers aren't really explained--obviously, they may be explained later (like I said, I only played the demo), but it really doesn't let you connect with them since you really have no idea why they can do what they can.

Edit: Also, when is Chapter 2 now estimated to arrive considering you mentioned September earlier in the thread and well...
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:07 pm

1.) There is a "rollback" feature that allows you to step back and save the game. It's my fault for not explaining it in the game.

2.) Yeah, the story does leave some questions hanging. Everything will be cleared up by the end of the series. Actually, a lot of things will be cleared up by the end of the second chapter.

3.) Deji (the artist) has had a lot of emergencies, other work, etc. that has prevented her from finishing the work for September. She's since rescheduled everything, but there's a lot of other work she's doing along with Kansei. I've decided to take the opportunity to incorporate feedback from Jisei to make Kansei as good as I can. Right now, the estimated release date is early Summer 2011.
Back to top Go down
Avalone_von_Kerberos

Avalone_von_Kerberos

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:03 am

This is a very nice game, I never seen another great mystery game on P.C. (well I played CLUEDO on board but never tried it on P.C.) other than this! It's just PLAIN amazing with no sophisticated tools (can you say handheld D.N.A. scanner I'm tired of seeing those.) only your "mind" (okay... let me include the mystery subconscious speaker in your mind) This game (or Visual novel) is Amazing in it's purest sense... furthermore, I love the graphics cause I'm a Manga fan! I give 2 thumbs up to sakevisual! and Merry Christmas! (well what a coincidence I found this game on a friends' P.C this Christmas!) *raises his hand* Is there any Jisei: Second Case or more coming? I wish for better works to come, Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 9:37 am

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it~ you made my Christmas. XD

There is a second chapter in the works, slated for Summer 2011. I also just posted the full version of the opening song if you would like to keep it for yourself.
Back to top Go down
kanatan

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 7:03 pm

First off, your game is amazingly well produced. The artwork is beautiful, and unlike most VN's my friends try to introduce me to, not impossibly shiny and animu that it's embarassing to play. A lot of work has been obviously put in to creating each character. It works well as a teaser for next installments, and is an enjoyable mystery.

However, that's just it. It mainly acts as an introduction, a teaser if you must. Almost half the game is given to you in the demo, and when it ended, I really thought I had missed something and it would continue on. Thus my main issue is the price to gameplay ratio. You're getting half a game for 15 dollars, and though I understand there was a lot of collaboration and effort put into making this amount of game so polished, it is not enough to satisfy fifteen dollars worth of a game, where, as I used to be a casual gamer, you can get point and click games that last just as long, if not longer, for 6-10 dollars.

I offer you an idea, though I don't expect you to take up on it, and I can understand if you find it unreasonable seeing as how much more developed the second game is supposed to be. However that adds to my complaint; I'm guessing this game will be several instllments, each one either progressively longer, or just generally longer than this one. For those who have paid for this game, and this game alone, I believe should be entitled to the second game free, or at least discounted. Free is being slightly unreasonable, but I think if you put together this game and the second as a package, it'd be more accessible to afford, or want to afford.

Anyways, Happy New Years, and I look foward to the summer release of the second case.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:01 am

Yes, thank you! I do intend to offer a discount to those who have bought the first game. I think the initial supporters deserve it, since you all stepped out in faith for us. Still working out the details, but there will be a second chapter discount.
Back to top Go down
Lokuri

Lokuri

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:14 am

Hi! Wow, I haven't commented for a long time. I just heard the full version of Calling to the One. It's really good, and I liked the extension of the beat, as well as the lyrics that accompany it. Actually, it's a very fitting opening song for Jisei. It builds on ???'s character, as well as what can be expected of his character in the sequel.

I'll continue to wait patiently for the sequel. Keep up the good work! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mercs

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi!
I just got Jisei today, and the good far outweighed the bad. Here's a review for you - it was so great that I have full faith that the next one will be brilliant too! I'm a big visual novel and interactive fiction guy and I'm stopping in here before I go over to the Re: Allister thread to drop lots more compliments on your head.
I'll start with the things I thought could have gone better so I can end on a positive note after.
- Like everyone else is saying, the demo was pretty long, making the full game's price feel a little painful. But if you're planning to discount the next chapter and make the followup games longer, I can live with the investment!
- I felt like I didn't really have much control over what I was doing, since there was really only one investigative path to take at a time. There were just small things, like
Spoiler:
- There were some lags in the storyline where it felt like I was just running around asking the same questions over and over again, and it got a bit tedious. But only a few, just before the voice came in at the last time.

but PROS. SO MANY PROS.
- The entire layout and look of this game looked AMAZING. The quality of the art was top notch, the fade-in switches between the character movements made the whole thing appear smoother and really aesthetic, the backgrounds were great, the custom text boxes and menus were gorgeous. The script was well-written and didn't have any typos or errors that I noticed, anyway. Additionally so much kudos for the awesome voice acting - when I heard it start i was worried I was going to be stuck with a game with terrible voicing I couldn't turn off, but I was pleasantly surprised when everyone's voice was unique, natural and fitting of the character.
- Your characters aren't anything groundbreaking, but it makes them fascinating in an interesting way. The characters can be linearly described as things like "stoic nameless protagonist", "shy cute geek", "sweet happy blonde", "smart tough professional woman", but the way the story runs takes the framework of tropes and kind of turns them into some really unique and interesting characters to read about. It's almost better than it would have been if you had gone for entirely unique character voicings - the familiarity adds to how fun they became throughout the course of the game. Also the names were great.
Spoiler:
- Man, even the whole premise of this thing is fun. It reminds me a bit of games like Ghost Trick, with the witnessing of death again as a gameplay component, but I liked the focus on being able to feel the emotions from the standpoint of the person dying. That adds another layer to the whole thing and a different gameplay element. I hope the next game looks more into that, perhaps allowing the player to analyze more on their own based on what ??? remembers of the dying memories. For example,
Spoiler:

So basically, well done. Loved this game - you guys are an amazing team, and I look forward to seeing more of anything from you!

Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Oh, wow. Thank you. Thank you so much. I don't know if you realize it, but your comments mean the world to me. Seriously, there's a huge smile on my face right now. I appreciate your honesty, and I'm so honored that you enjoyed the game. We're hard at work on the (notably longer) sequel right now, and I hope that you enjoy that as well.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Card

Evelyn Card

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Just finished Jisei. Granted, I just bought it just under an hour ago, so it really and truly was rather short for the price, but I knew that before I bought it.

The game is amazing. I'm pretty sure I'll be listening to the soundtrack for awhile—good music to write to—and, even though there isn't really much in terms of plot options, I'll probably still replay a few times so I can better appreciate how the pieces come together, and of course because it's simply a good story. Great character development, wonderful writing (honestly, it's really refreshing to see a game with such a focus on the writing quality)... yeah, I just loved it. And, hey, this is the only game so far where I've taken the time to listen through the voice acting (well, most of it... I still get impatient sometimes ... Wink ...)

The only thing that bugged me just a wee bit was that, given the clues available (looking at the walkthrough, I'm pretty sure I got them all), I wasn't entirely certain that it would be possible to figure out all the info necessary for the big reveal at the end.
Spoiler:
...but I thought it could've gone a number of different ways when it came to the question of motive. (Though it's very possible I just missed something... I'll try and confirm or deny that allegation after I've done a replay.)

Also, I was a bit iffy on listing the order of arrival. It would've been really helpful if the information about everyone's arrival times was recorded in the notebook.

So, I had to resort to the walkthrough for the final answers, all but eliminating the effect of my oh-so-refined detective abilities (ha!), but it was still very good.

One final suggestion: The music room feature is wonderful, bit it would be simply amazing if you could include mp3 copies of the music with a purchase of the game. Or on your website. Or in some other way make them available. (If they're not already... I confess I'm just going stream-of-consciousness at the moment, and I haven't actually checked.)

Aaaand...... I can't wait to get started on Kansei!

EDIT:
Spoiler:

That said, lovely game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jisei Feedback   Jisei Feedback - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jisei Feedback
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2