sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]

Go down 
+20
benjetta96
G.N.A.
Deji
Szacun
Kurocha
Mari
tantei okuoku
LazulisOutsider
Oniyuri
logic2009
RaineDazeDays
LukanFox
Ayshara
NoJoker
Thelo
KittyKatStar
MoMogindorobo
Evarise
BonBonBunny
sake-bento
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:03 pm

KittyKatStar wrote:
There, saw all four endings.

Spoiler:
Sudden Death Ending:
"Well, the bad news is Jupiter caught me, kicked me out, and we never found the killer. On the bright side, I just won a $100 gift card to Steak House."

And yup. Kan's a vegetarian. : D
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Lol, now I got this mental image of a poor Kangai hunting through the menu trying to find the most vegetarian/asking about vegetarian options at a Steak House because darn it he won that gift card at the price of solving a MURDER mystery and he's gonna use it.

The "what the heck were you thinking, player" sudden death ending. =,)
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 am

Updated the game with the typos and bugs mentioned here. It's a nonessential, so no patch (although if you want to redownload the entire thing, you can). Unless someone finds a game breaking bug, next update will have everything on the "Upcoming" list sans voices.
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Ah, silly question.

For the notes/phone texts (love the coffee stain on it. Was it from a triple shot mocha latte?) are they already written and just not added, or are you going to add them depending on beta-tester reactions/struggles/comments?

Or will it be like a check list i.e. "talked to ___" "talked to ___"? and completed as you perform each action to help the player remember what they did.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:31 pm

The notes right now are just a recap of what happened, e.g. "Aaron says he saw Chance driving away from the campus this morning."

The texting will basically be a mission reminder, e.g. "Why don't you talk to everyone and see where they were between 10:00 and 11:00 yesterday?"

If you do have anything that particularly stood out as difficult, now is a good time to mention it.
Back to top Go down
Thelo

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Oh, the one thing that left me scratching my head is that the game can mention that you need to delay Jupiter when she goes to check on Aaron as soon as you check the biology lab's printer, but you can't actually talk to Li Mei about delaying Jupiter (or prompt Jupiter to check on Aaron) until the final part of the game.

Asking Li Mei about delaying Jupiter was actually my first reflex, but since there was no conversation option about it at that point, I got confused and tried searching for other ways to delay Jupiter all around the place. Then in the final part, the conversation option was unlocked, and I was baffled about why it wasn't there before.
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 pm

I admit when Kangai brought up the soap opera, and that Aki said they would need a chart for it, I clicked on the notepad in the hopes that Kangai actually attempted drawing the love/relationship chart. XD

Oh, sometimes (despite playing it through a few times >.<; worse memory evers) I'd forget about talking to Li Mei to stall Jupiter. But the notes/text would probably cover that in the update. ^^ And the option wouldn't appear until way later in the game, so I'd have to remind myself to ask her later when the menu had it.

Not sure when the 'preferred' discovery of the printer should happen, or whether people had trouble finding it. For me, I tend to click on everything thanks to point-and-click adventure games so I found it fairly early. ^^; Maybe add a red light or something to help attract a player, or have problems with the printer mentioned later in the game (unless it happened already and I overlooked that line.)
Back to top Go down
NoJoker

NoJoker

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 pm

I just found another tiny thing. The readme file links to http://www.sakevisual.com/kansei
Back to top Go down
http://www.marcel-weyers.de
Ayshara

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 am

Ram: 4GB
CPU: Intel i3-2350M 2.30mhz x4
GPU: Intel Sandybridge x86/MMX/SSE2

No opening cutscene like in the open beta this time.
Also, is it just me or have the standard speech boxes not been added in yet?

Thoughts on the series as a whole and Chance's part in it:

Jisei: The ending cutscene made me look at Chance suspisiously.

Kansei: Ok, Chance is starting to creep me out...

Yousei:
Spoiler:
I didn't get as much info as I was hoping for in this game, will we be having the big reveal in the next (final?) game?

Last edited by Ayshara on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 pm

How many endings have you gotten? There's one that gives a pretty good amount of knowledge.

The textbox we're using now is the new one. Deji decided that this game needed an updated look. As for the opening, we're working on it, but there are still some computers that are having trouble with it.
Back to top Go down
Ayshara

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 pm

2, the Alex dies ending and the true one.

And tbh, I rather liked the old one, it looked nice and you could tell it was there. The new one... [img]Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 Screen11

Last edited by Ayshara on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Ah, okay. The true one gives a little. I think the biggest plot point shows up in the twins' ending. Ah, and since I totally missed your question earlier, there will be five games total.
Back to top Go down
Ayshara

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Did you see my screenshot?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Hm...I think the new textbox was meant to emulate some of the more modern games where the graphics are given a lot of space on the screen and the text is more subtle. Personally, I'm a fan of the change if for no other reason than we have a nice quick menu that enables skipping, auto play, and quicksave during the playtime.
Back to top Go down
Ayshara

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Hmm.. it does, however you've had the same box setup for the first two games so you can understand why it would be seen as jarring and simplistic.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Definitely. And I do apologize if it makes the game feel disconnected. It was a bit of a debate on whether or not we should change it, but as Ren'py added some new and useful features (that some people have been requesting), we took the plunge. We do try to keep the dramatic changes to a minimum, and I'll definitely keep in mind the continuity issues for our next game.
Back to top Go down
LukanFox

PostSubject: Possible missing sentence   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Hey-yo, I'm a new user here. Was playing the pre-order beta (Ver 0.8c) and noticed a possible missing sentence.

"She laughs and curls a lock of her white hair around her finger." which then leads right into "Well, not exactly. I absorbed all of this this from Naoki."

I'm guessing that Kangai was supposed to ask whether her white hair was due to her own emotional trauma or not in between those sentences.

[PS. I'd post pics but I haven't used forums enough to figure out how get a pic from my hard drive into a post. I know, not very net-savvy, but I don't post on forums very frequently. Also, where should I be looking for updates when they are released?]

Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks~

For minor updates (like typos), I'll post here on the forum. For major updates (like the upcoming one with the notes and hint system implemented), I'll mention it on all the social networks.
Back to top Go down
RaineDazeDays

RaineDazeDays

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Managed to go through all four endings throughout the day yesterday, and found a couple of things that weren't reported already while playing.

Spoiler:

Aaaand that's all I managed to notice~ On another note, the writing is really powerful, the endings and the music--- some of the pieces I wanna try learn to play on the piano by ear now. x'D;
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:25 pm

0.9a is the current version right?

Anyway congrats on the updates and adding everything. ^^v (And being close to finishing the voices.)

Small thing I noticed, when I click on backgrounds 02 I get this:

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 Screen11

Error pops up when examining the lounge area with Shawn and Naoki. Same for examining biology front, biology lab hallway, sleep room, library, crime scene, dorm room, dorm hallway,

(Tee hee, Grumpypants.)

Last edited by KittyKatStar on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Many thanks. What's the error that comes up?
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:51 pm

IIRC:

for lounge - "Couldn't find file iimages/bg/lounge.png"

I think it was all background images that couldn't be found - I'll double check and post it here. ^_^v

Added:

Bell tower:

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 Screen12

Dormroom:

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 Screen13

Library

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 Screen14

Lol, everytime I hit rollback I'm all "wait, where was I, what was I doing, who am I x_X "

Since there's a pattern - want me to continue or think you got it from here? ^^;
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Fixed the crashing on exploration. I converted the backgrounds to .JPG to save space (not much...but a little, at least), and forgot to change the filenames during the exploration parts. Patches are up in the first post, and updated version is uploading to the server now.
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Oh sweet! ^^

Also feel free to point and laugh - been playing both versions side by side (0.8b) and 0.9a (will download to the newest version soon), and I can't seem to find the flag that'll trigger Aaron to wake up for the 10-11 am alibi. (So I haven't been able to play through the entire newest version, sorry OTZ.)

- Li Mei doesn't have her glasses (if you have the glasses options on) during the rabbit cutscene.

(I want that keychain.)

(Aki's nickname for Shawn is amazing.)
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Updated patch https://www.box.com/s/2ne1e1ezhp4ijj0y6a1j to activate Aaron's waking up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next