sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]

Go down 
+20
benjetta96
G.N.A.
Deji
Szacun
Kurocha
Mari
tantei okuoku
LazulisOutsider
Oniyuri
logic2009
RaineDazeDays
LukanFox
Ayshara
NoJoker
Thelo
KittyKatStar
MoMogindorobo
Evarise
BonBonBunny
sake-bento
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Version: 0.91d

Voice and text discrepancies:
Spoiler:

Other:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
LazulisOutsider

LazulisOutsider

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 pm

Oniyuri wrote:

"New day" section. Exploration, Cafeteria. I'm just confused about the description (when clicking on the salad) "A salad. I would say it's more my speed, but this one looks awfully wilted. I think I'll pass."

Maybe I can help with this... When someone says that something is 'more my speed' it means that it's something that is more interesting or fitting to them than something else. The reason Kan says that a salad is more his speed is because he's a vegetarian, as I remember sake-bento posting about at one point. So, a salad is more his speed than, say, a turkey sandwich, considering he doesn't eat meat.

I hope that this made sense and cleared up the misunderstanding.

Sorry that this had nothing to do w/ bugs, I just thought I'd try to help. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 am

LazulisOutsider wrote:
I hope that this made sense and cleared up the misunderstanding.

That cleared it up, thanks! I can't recall ever having heard the term (^_^)
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 am

Spoiler:

Typos, etc.:
Spoiler:

Other feedback:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Voice and text discrepancy?
Spoiler:
Missing voices:
Spoiler:
Commas, typos, etc.:
Spoiler:
I don't know whether it's intentional or not, but I'm mentioning it just in case:
Spoiler:
Other:
Spoiler:
That's two endings down for me (^_^). I haven't selected some of the other choices, so I am currently busy following the other choice paths. I will let you know if I find anything else.

EDIT: I nearly forgot to mention, that "skipping" issue that I experienced (where the "skipping" paused before continuing) hasn't appeared again after I restarted Yousei.
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Spoiler:
Commas, typos, etc.:
Spoiler:
Stuff that may or may not be an issue:
Spoiler:
Missing glasses:
Spoiler:
Other issues:
Spoiler:
Finally got around to reading some of the other posts.
Spoiler:
Feedback about the endings:
Spoiler:
About the difficulty level:
Spoiler:
General feedback:
Spoiler:
Well, that's it for me. Hopefully I managed to find all the conversation "paths", but I can't be 100% sure. If there's a new version, I'll try to run through it again.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:23 pm

Many thanks for your diligence! New version will probably be up sometime tonight, and I'll definitely add extra text about sleep study rooms. I've been in a lot of study rooms, so sometimes I forget that's not a normal thing for most people. ^_^;;

You guys are really super amazing, so huge thanks for all your work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
LazulisOutsider

LazulisOutsider

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:49 pm

sake-bento wrote:
Many thanks for your diligence! New version will probably be up sometime tonight, and I'll definitely add extra text about sleep study rooms. I've been in a lot of study rooms, so sometimes I forget that's not a normal thing for most people. ^_^;;

You guys are really super amazing, so huge thanks for all your work.

(Huge thanks to you as well, sake-bento, for making great games and letting us test them. It's a lot of fun!)

Cool! I'm excited to see the new changes in the next version.

Yeah, these games are my first time ever hearing about 'sleep studies' and ''sleep study rooms', so that's why I reported the 'issue'. >_<

I've been super busy with mid-terms, so I haven't been able to keep up with this version of the beta... So I'm thankful that Oniyuri was on top of things. (Really thankful!! ^_^) But, since all my testing is done, I'll be able to report more frequently on the new version of the beta coming out!
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 am

Alright, new version uploading now with typo and bug fixes along with some recorded voices (where I could grab the actor). Credits updated as well. Let me know if I accidentally left you out. orz

Anyway, the gallery has been really finicky with me this whole time, to the point of claiming that the glasses alt versions don't even exist, but hopefully I managed to make it so that you can see all the CGs you've collected (non glasses versions). Let me know if that's still not working.

The new versions are still uploading, but they should be there in about an hour or so, so if it's an hour after this post then you can redownload.
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Version: 0.91e

There may be an issue with the menu and the right-click shortcut. I'll admit that it can easily be an issue with my mouse (it's pretty old and gives me trouble from time-to-time).
Spoiler:
The extra information about the sleep study room clarifies things nicely.
Spoiler:
I haven't gotten very far with the new version. I'll try to have a proper go at it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
LazulisOutsider

LazulisOutsider

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Version 0.91e

Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Other posts:
Spoiler:

Extra non-important stuff:
Spoiler:

I will edit this post with any errors/bugs I find... But, so far, it's looking ship-shape!
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am

Typo/voice and text discrepancy:
Spoiler:
Other:
Spoiler:
Cellphone messages:
Spoiler:
Previous posts:

Oniyuri wrote:
I right-clicked to access the menu, saved and then right-clicked to quit the menu. The menu faded away, but then it immediately reopened.
I've been trying this again, and I couldn't reproduce the issue today. So it really looks like it's my mouse... orz

sake-bento wrote:
Alright, new version uploading now with typo and bug fixes along with some recorded voices (where I could grab the actor).
Just confirming if I should ignore previously reported voice and text discrepancies (and assume you're trying to contact the voice actor)?

LazulisOutsider wrote:
~I would totally buy the music from these games. It's very powerful and sets the scene/tone perfectly!
I concur! (^_^)
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 am

While I am trying to get all the actors (some being very far out of town), I did try to either remove or reassign all the lines previously reported in case I can't get them in time. So if you still find something weird, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Okay, I'm mentioning the previously reported stuff that are still there, just in case they were missed.

Previously reported typos, etc. that are still there:
Spoiler:
Previously reported voice and text discrepancies, etc. that are still there:
Spoiler:
Don't know if you decided to leave it as is, but in case you didn't:
Spoiler:
Cellphone messages:
Spoiler:
Small new suggestions:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:36 am

Ugh... sorry, it looks like I missed quite a few stuff the previous round.

A few voice and text discrepancies that I missed previously:
Spoiler:
Other voice and text discrepancies that I missed previously, but I don't know if they really count:
Spoiler:
Ellipses that aren't followed by a space:
Spoiler:
Commas that can be removed:
Spoiler:
Typos, etc.:
Spoiler:
About the gallery:
Spoiler:
That should be it for this version.
Back to top Go down
LazulisOutsider

LazulisOutsider

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Oniyuri wrote:
That should be it for this version.

Wow. You're really quick! I was just about to report some of the stuff you posted, but you beat me to the punch. ^__^;
I haven't noticed anything that hasn't been mentioned. But, I'll keep looking.

Spoiler:

Also, is there an opening-cinematic-type-thing for this game? I'm just wondering if it should be playing when starting a new game or not... (I quite liked the ones in the other 2 games. ^_^)
Back to top Go down
tantei okuoku

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 pm

hey I noticed that you are going to do a physical release for Jisei and kansei as a combo pack. I am a seller on amazon who can post (practically) anything on amazon, and could help you with that if you want me to. also wanted pop in and say thank you for allowing me to beta test yousei, I just read all of kansei and once I get some time I will read through yousei and report any problems I find in it.
Back to top Go down
Mari

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:59 am

So, I've gone through and done pretty much all the choices now, unlocked two different endings, and am just trying to figure out what I missed for the last 6 CGs in the first CG tab Razz I'm also apparently missing 1 song and 2 of the unlocks (I only have Li Mei with glasses unlocked), but I'm guessing these are all together so...

But yes, I will mostly go into more detail in the spoiler tag.
Spoiler:

But yeah, I've gone through a few times now and not sure exactly what I should do differently. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the next installment~
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:12 am

Thanks for playing! For the other two endings...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mari

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 am

You're welcome Very Happy It was a lot of fun!

Spoiler:

Edit 6: Okay, so after another trial and error, I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong on Jupiter's end, but not entirely sure where.

Edit 7: FINALLY got it! Yay! XD As expected, I had to play around with the second and third choices with her @-@ Super sad though Sad
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kurocha

Kurocha

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:35 pm

I just bought Yousei, so admittedly I haven't read through the other logs to see if this has been addressed for fear of spoilers, so ignore me if it has. It's not really a problem, just something I'm asking for the sake of convenience.

Version: 1.0a

Taking Screenshots:
Is there a way to change where screenshots are saved to? I was trying to take some, but none of the files were actually showing up where they said they would be, so it just kept trying to write to screenshot0001.png repeatedly. I realized this was because my copy of Yousei is installed in the program files area, and I think that requires administrator permission to write into.

There's an easy workaround to this problem, which is just to run the program itself as an administrator so it has permission to create files in the game folder, but if there was a way to change the screenshot file location that would be easier. It would also be nice for organization, since the files just go straight into the main folder when someone might want to just have them save straight into a screenshot folder.

Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Hm, I don't know if there's a way to change where screenshots are put, but I will ask PyTom if that's possible.
Back to top Go down
Oniyuri

Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:03 am

Congratulations on the release! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Szacun

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 am

And once again next part of the series manages to be better than last, which is amazing. It's kinda weird how it was only a week in-game time, but I already have problems remembering some details Laughing .
The different endings make it seem that your choices really matter, and aren't that hard to figure out (although some kind of hint, like the fact there's a "Gurski ending" or "Twins ending" would be nice).
Spoiler:
Being an utterly evil and cruel person, I especially enjoyed the ending where Nathan's body is used as answering machine. On the other hand, I'm not the fan of drama, so I found a twins ending a bit annoying. But it's cool- it shows that there's something for everyone!
All in all, the mystery is nice, but some more clues, even misleading ones (ESPECIALLY misleading ones) would be nice. Having to use examine function only once is kind of a waste.
The voices were good as usual, from the new ones i especially like Aaron - it's interesting, characteristic and i think it fits the character nicely.
Not much to say about music, it was OK, as it should be with background music. One nitpick: in true ending, when chasing after the killer, the music is somewhat unfitting (this "take it easy stroll" tune).
I got what i was expecting: well polished, interesting VN that can be completed in 1 day (which is good, because i really should be working on my thesis right now....). Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Deji

Deji

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Oniyuri wrote:

Feedback about the endings:
Spoiler:

Late reply is late, sorry ^^;

Spoiler:

I'm happy you enjoyed the art! While looking at it now I think I could have done some things better, I'm really proud of it and i hope to keep improving for next installment of the series ^___^
Back to top Go down
http://deji.ishtera.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next