sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]

Go down 
+20
benjetta96
G.N.A.
Deji
Szacun
Kurocha
Mari
tantei okuoku
LazulisOutsider
Oniyuri
logic2009
RaineDazeDays
LukanFox
Ayshara
NoJoker
Thelo
KittyKatStar
MoMogindorobo
Evarise
BonBonBunny
sake-bento
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] Limei_rabbits_zpse11f4f0b

This is for feedback on Yousei. This is a spoiler thread. Marking spoilers is still encouraged, but it's assumed that anyone reading this has either played the game, or is willing to read spoilers.

Current Version: 1.0a

Updates:
-0.8b: Fixed crash with missing naoki_q03 variable.
-0.8c: Typo fixes, sprites for final scene in true ending, fixed image glitch in behind biology building exploration
-0.9a: Added notes, phone texts, image gallery, director's notes, in-game extras (Gurski glasses, Li Mei glasses, Phone Charm).
-0.9b: Fixed crashing on exploration and Background Gallery 02.
-0.91c: Voices and SFX Added
-0.91d: Missing voices added, typos fixed.
-0.91e: Missing voices added, typos and voice discrepancies fixed, minor update to menu code
-1.0a: Full Version Released

General Advice:
Spoiler:

Walkthrough:
Available Next Week

Fixes:
There are currently no bug fixes available. If you have the beta version and there are problems running it, please re-download the game. I've set the links to not expire, but some of them have anyway. If you have an expired link, email me at ayu@sakevisual.com with the email address you purchased the game with, and I will send you a new download link.

Last edited by sake-bento on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:07 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
BonBonBunny

BonBonBunny

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:06 am

Hello! I am sadly not a participant in the beta testing, but I thought I'd give feedback on this promotional image after something in it caught my attention...

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] Tumblr_me05pfa3Tv1qihoqr

... How many fingers does Aki have? D:
Back to top Go down
http://bonbonbunny.com
Evarise

Evarise

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Seems like I've got a bug. When talking to everyone for their alibis and motives, an error happens when I try talking to Naoki. Seems like this is preventing me from going on with the story. Here's the traceback:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Evarise wrote:
Seems like I've got a bug. When talking to everyone for their alibis and motives, an error happens when I try talking to Naoki. Seems like this is preventing me from going on with the story. Here's the traceback:

Spoiler:

Patch uploaded here:
Edit: Please don't download this patch. This is a fix for a VERY OLD version of Yousei. If you have a newer version, this will break your game. If you have the old beta, simply use the download link in your confirmation email to get the current version.

Last edited by sake-bento on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 pm

BonBonBunny wrote:
Hello! I am sadly not a participant in the beta testing, but I thought I'd give feedback on this promotional image after something in it caught my attention...

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] Tumblr_me05pfa3Tv1qihoqr

... How many fingers does Aki have? D:
http://comments.deviantart.com/1/319664370/2683591027 I think this is it?
Back to top Go down
MoMogindorobo

PostSubject: Re: Re: Yousei Pre-order Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm a mac user and I am experiencing the same error message... what are the exact steps I should follow? I have a 10.5 mac os x. could that be why downloading the upload didn't work?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 6:38 pm

MoMogindorobo wrote:
I'm a mac user and I am experiencing the same error message... what are the exact steps I should follow? I have a 10.5 mac os x. could that be why downloading the upload didn't work?
When you download the game, unzip the entire thing into a folder of your choice. You will see a collection of files and folders. One of the folders will be named "game." Files in there will have names like "aki.rpyc." Put the patch in thqt folder. You could also try redownloading the game from your email, as I have updated the server with a fixed file.
Back to top Go down
MoMogindorobo

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:12 pm

sake-bento wrote:
MoMogindorobo wrote:
When you download the game, unzip the entire thing into a folder of your choice. You will see a collection of files and folders. One of the folders will be named "game." Files in there will have names like "aki.rpyc." Put the patch in thqt folder. You could also try redownloading the game from your email, as I have updated the server with a fixed file.

so I tried re-downloading the file, the folder "game" did not appear. I found it in the 0.1b-all beta, but not the 0.8a [PRE-ORDER BETA]. What did appear when I unzipped the field to archive was a folder "youseibeta-mac" which had: log.txt , README.html , and youseibeta application. Once again... could it be because of my out dated computer? because the problem is still unexplainable
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Hm, the version on the server right now SHOULD be 08.b, not 0.8a. I'm going to resend the download link, just in case.
Back to top Go down
MoMogindorobo

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

sake-bento wrote:
Hm, the version on the server right now SHOULD be 08.b, not 0.8a. I'm going to resend the download link, just in case.

Wow, yea that would explain my troubles... Thank you. But I already ordered it for 0.8a, how am I assured the right version? and that was today so 0.8b should have been up right?
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Been playing the beta for a few hours, there's some typos/grammar errors I've found. Marked spoilers just in case. ^^v

Little on the tired side, so for all I know I added *errors* to sentences that are correct. =,)

I found no traceback errors (but I did add that patch), but I'll keep messing around with more choices. >.>b

Spoiler:

Last edited by KittyKatStar on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:33 pm

MoMogindorobo wrote:
sake-bento wrote:

Wow, yea that would explain my troubles... Thank you. But I already ordered it for 0.8a, how am I assured the right version? and that was today so 0.8b should have been up right?
Well, supposedly the server updates with the new version every time I upload it, so in theory re-downloading it from the link in your email will give you the latest version. I'm uploading the 0.8b Mac right now just in case, and then I'll have BMTMicro generate a new download link for you. That should probably take care of it.

KittyKatStar wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MoMogindorobo

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 pm

sake-bento wrote:
MoMogindorobo wrote:
sake-bento wrote:

Well, supposedly the server updates with the new version every time I upload it, so in theory re-downloading it from the link in your email will give you the latest version. I'm uploading the 0.8b Mac right now just in case, and then I'll have BMTMicro generate a new download link for you. That should probably take care of it.

KittyKatStar wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

thank you kindly
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Email sent. If it still doesn't work, try starting a new game (you can text skip through the first part). Old save files might not have the missing variable.
Back to top Go down
Thelo

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Here are some more typos I found:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Thelo on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thelo

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:21 pm

I wonder what are the endings? I've found two so far, but I certainly wouldn't describe them as "good".
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Found two endings now. And some small typos. Major spoilers in the next mark, so click with caution everyone. >.>b

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thelo

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:07 pm

I have to say I'm loving Gurski in this one. Just the right balance of wit and mystery.
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Yaaay saw all four endings~ Last batch of typos from me.

Again no errors, etc, and I'm using the Mac version. Also haven't seen any gameplayish issues.

Spoiler:

And I agree with Thelo. Totally loved Gurski in this one. <3

If I find anything else I'll just add it to this post (typos).

Last edited by KittyKatStar on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more to the spoilers.)
Back to top Go down
Evarise

Evarise

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:08 am

Played all yesterday afternoon, and managed to find three endings - two very depressing ones (and need to admit I cried - a lot, to be honest), and then one which I'm guessing might be the true one? (No one dies, we catch the killer, keep the rabbit (aww~), and seemingly get some hints about where the 4th game is going to happen - Yamazaki Ryokan?) But I'm not sure if this is actually the true ending, because I thought it would only be unlocked after gettin all the other three. But if it indeed is, it wasn't that hard to achieve at all, so I guess the game is well balanced. I suppose then the only one that still remains for me is the creepy ending. Will try to get it today.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:30 am

Yup, that's the true end. There were a lot of people who didn't like having to unlock the true end in Kansei, so I went without this time.I'm glad the sad endings were sad. Deji spent a lot of time on them, and Marc wrote special tracks for each of them.
Back to top Go down
Thelo

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Got the true end! The writing is delicious as always. Smile

One thing I must say though, it might be a "feature of the genre" of VNs, but it did feel pretty arbitrary which ending my actions would end up with. The only tool that let me bump into the various ends was just going brute-force and trying everything, and I didn't feel like there was much of a meaningful link between my choices and their outcome.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Woo! Glad you got it. ^o^ Will explain logic under spoiler. Endings are all laid out here, so...definite spoilers.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:46 pm

There, saw all four endings.

Spoiler:

Last edited by KittyKatStar on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some comments)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Yousei Feedback [Spoilers] Empty

Back to top Go down

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next