sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RE: Alistair Feedback

Go down 
+41
AnglBunny
arachni42
aime moi
LorenaFA
KoriNeko18
YukiNakamura
Rumi
Madoka
Mew Cookie
Fox Lee
Thelo
Fangurl18
puffausten
Mari
Titania
Xavim2000
Pyapi
Lokuri
Caimekaze
Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥
Teddiekun
DancingLeaf
mechanic
Cardia
Ftaró
DreamingShadows
HyuugaNinHitsuzen
Ginri
megami195
Riena
Yui
Archeia
Kirroha
midnight_sky
Syphri
FirefromAshes
Shattered-Marionette
tooaya
Thee Forsaken One
CosmicPudding
sake-bento
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Thank you very much for such a thorough review, and you have some very good ideas for future works. ::bows:: It's a honor that you enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
Xavim2000

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:06 pm

I enjoy writing reviews and give thoughts of games I play and look forward to more games you make. You have made me want to look into python and learn the code behind it as well from this game.
Back to top Go down
Titania

Titania

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi...I just downloaded the game today, and asking this question probably makes me a n00b. I'll admit, I haven't played as many VNs as some people. But, either way...

I'm having a terrible time figuring out how to save a game. Stupid question, I know...but I had to shut it down to eat dinner, and I lost all my progress. (But I picked it back up and ended up getting the Shiro ending! xDDD SO CUTESY~! But I feel bad for Derek...I'll go for him next~) I wish I knew how, so I could quit if I needed to and come back to it, or even come back after I finished.

Um...I know what you're thinking: Suspect But I can't figure it out! There's no button, and I can't get back to the main menu, and BWAA. Think I could have a wee bit of help? Just to nudge the n00b into nonn00biness?

Thanks in advance. LUUUUVED the game...and Shiro...he's so cute~!...Why can't guys like this be real? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://technosora.wordpress.com/
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Glad you like it~
If you're in the Rivenwall Online portion of the game, the game icons on the right side of the window save the game and adjust your preferences. If you're in the "real world," the row of purple circles in the textbox on the bottom right corner do all of that for you. Just hold your mouse over them and you can see what they do.
Back to top Go down
Titania

Titania

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:39 pm

sake-bento wrote:
Glad you like it~
If you're in the Rivenwall Online portion of the game, the game icons on the right side of the window save the game and adjust your preferences. If you're in the "real world," the row of purple circles in the textbox on the bottom right corner do all of that for you. Just hold your mouse over them and you can see what they do.

Gaah, thank you~

...Lurve teh smilies. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://technosora.wordpress.com/
Ichiru

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:13 am

Thankyou for making this game!!! It really was fun i only wish it had been longer Very Happy But still great work and I hope to purchase one of your games in the near future!
Back to top Go down
Mari

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 am

I had fun with this (I got to play as a girl wooooooooo XD) and like someone else said, would've loved to do more in the online world too.

I did manage to guess the right person right away (to my surprise) which was kind of awesome XD And I got all the CGs and things too <3

I also managed to guess that Travis was Oda and a GM very quickly too. I didn't see Shiro as Fiona at all though so that came as a surprise.

Over all, I probably liked Travis best--though, I really liked Shiro with the bonus scene (yay for confidence) and Shiro probably had my favorite CG as well (The 2nd one you get of his when Marui falls on him). I think the only other thing that kind of bothered me with Shiro was his normal emotion images--he looked SO CUTE in his CGs and special images, but for some reason, he just looked a lot different when he was just talking normally. I didn't see this issue with the other two characters, but just Shiro.
Back to top Go down
puffausten

puffausten

PostSubject: linux version!!!!!   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 6:47 pm

right ive downloaded the linux version of alastair.....how do I get it to work??...never downloaded anything like this so i need some help please
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Linux? Which operating system are you running on? You should just be able to double-click it and it'll extract itself if you're using a current build like Ubuntu. Do you have Windows?
Back to top Go down
puffausten

puffausten

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 5:19 am

aha!!!! I got it to work yay! this game looks really good...and the artwork is just lovely...thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
puffausten

puffausten

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:32 pm

hiya! me again! Ive finished all the ending + bonuses......this was my first otome game and I really enjoyed the experience...the music was excellent...the artwork was lovely..the plotline would kick the backside of a lot of shoujo mangas...it was really sweet and refreshing...my favourite guy has to be Travis...the interation between merui and him was really funny...'hmm I wonder' became their thing which i thought was cute...i liked shiro too though..he was realy sweet..and Derek wasn't bad..i unlocked his ending last cause he wasnt my type of guy...i guess im rambling now so ill stop here...but I really enjoyed myself playing this game Smile thanks v much for making it and for your help before
Back to top Go down
qryoko

PostSubject: Ack!   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:41 pm

I hate to ask, but I need help! D:

I've gotten all of the endings (including the bad), but I'm missing 2 CGs. I'm missing the 3rd for Travis and the 2nd in Other and have not been able to unlock the bonus section (which I'm assuming is because of the missing CGs). Any help? Thanks in advance!! LOVED the game, btw!!! Very Happy <3 <3
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 12:34 am

For Travis' third CG, you need to skip the after school work program when he says that the computers are having trouble. That should unlock the bonus and give you the final "other" CG.

puffausten: Great! We're glad that you like it~ Thank you. ^o^
Back to top Go down
qryoko

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Ah, thank you so much! I was able to get the final CG for Travis, but the last Other CG and the bonus are still locked T_T I must be over looking something obvious..?
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:56 pm

There are two "alone" endings. There's one where you guess right and get revenge, and another where you guess wrong and lose the bet. Did you get the ending in which you don't date anyone, but you still get revenge?
Back to top Go down
Fangurl18

PostSubject: RE: Alistair++ question   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:34 am

Hello Sako-Bento. How can i get all Travis CG Question I missing one Travis CG how can i unlocke that Question

From Fangurl18 Smile
Back to top Go down
Thelo

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi there, just wanted to congratulate you for an awesome game! I was bored on a lazy Sunday afternoon, and decided to check out Re: Alistair on a whim (I don't even remember how I got to your website, hahah). Anyway, I was really surprised at how high-quality and interesting it was, and now I'm very curious to see more from you in the future!

I'm curious about one thing, though: the bonus section mentions a character popularity poll, and the results really surprised me, so I wanted to check out the discussions on it. But... I don't see any poll like that on this forum, am I missing a secret forum for cool kids only? Neutral
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:48 pm

The poll was conducted on tooaya's deviantART account: http://tooaya.deviantart.com/journal/poll/1064137/

I think the numbers have shifted a little since we wrote the bonus, but they still hold the same rankings.
Back to top Go down
Thelo

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fox Lee

Fox Lee

PostSubject: Subjective Feedback/Review   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:34 pm

So, I downloaded Alistair last week, by way of the Ren'Py website. Broadly speaking I haven't been impressed by the quality of amateur visual/kinetic novels so far - some have interesting stories, some have good interfaces, some have nice art, but they pretty much never have all three. Or if they do, they are no longer free ^^;

On the other hand, I had a grand time playing Alistair. You caught me straight away with the basic premise, chasing down some guy who was a dick to you online. It's a concept that works very well for a short term stat-raising sim; a definitive ending, clear goal, obvious boundaries. It seems to show a discipline that lots of indie game makers lack.

I tried not to cheat if I could avoid it, so the first time through I did what I normally do; tried maintain a well-balanced character and treat all the guys fairly nicely (no doubt destroying my chances for a relationship ending :p). But that's okay, because mostly I was trying to figure out who Alistair was and take advantage of that knowledge on the replays ;p

Spoiler:
I guess what I'm saying is that I think the writers did an excellent job of placing clues that weren't necessarily obvious, but certainly did lead me to the right conclusion. Which is exactly the goal for a mystery plot, even a small one :p I'm really impressed.

Anyway, after the first playthrough I jumped back a few saves, figuring I could salvage my "generalist" and score with all the boys easily enough. I was missing one CG with Travis and Shiro, and two with Derek, so obviously I was the furthest away from Derek's ending. I think I must have been doing the best with Travis, since all it took was...

Spoiler:
Shiro was a pretty simple matter of...

Spoiler:
Derek, on the other hand, was surprisingly difficult to get my paws on. I tried to restart from the same save point I'd used for the others; no dice. I thought I'd been doing okay with him, but I did miss his second CG, so clearly something must have gone a bit wrong earlier than that. I replayed from the start and still failed to get his attention. That was about the point where I caved and checked the guide >3>; A better understanding of how the stats and items worked sorted me out easily enough.

Spoiler:
All in all, I was very impressed by the quality of the game. The illustrations weren't always spot-on, but I thought they were better than those in many commercial VNs, especially the ones aimed at girls. The writing wasn't always exciting, but it was always engaging; I was never bored or disinterested. I was made to really care about all three guys, even those who weren't particularly my type, to the point where I felt kind of bad if I didn't at least try to make them a little happy. The premise was interesting and charming, the mystery plot was a good basis for this kind of game, and the clues were managed well. Oh - and the interface was a treat to look at. Just really beautiful. It made me happy just getting to read the text in such a visually appealing state.</nerdlove>

I had a great time, and I'll be looking for more from Sake Visual :D

Last edited by Fox Lee on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Shouldn't have posted witbout a sig, I guess >3>;)
Back to top Go down
http://foxlee.arts-eclectic.com
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Wow! Honestly, I'm blown away by your feedback~ It's really an honor that you enjoyed our work enough to comment so thoroughly. Thank you very much, and I hope that you'll enjoy our future works as much (or more!).
Back to top Go down
Fox Lee

Fox Lee

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:08 am

sake-bento wrote:
Wow! Honestly, I'm blown away by your feedback~ It's really an honor that you enjoyed our work enough to comment so thoroughly. Thank you very much, and I hope that you'll enjoy our future works as much (or more!).
Not a problem... I figure if somebody gives me something I enjoy for free, the least I can do is mention how much I liked it :3
Back to top Go down
http://foxlee.arts-eclectic.com
Mew Cookie

Mew Cookie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:06 pm

A wonderful game overall! I've replayed Travis and Shiro's endings a bunch of times. Probably the best free game I've played in a long, long time.

I enjoyed Travis' path the most, but...

Spoiler:

If I had a credit card of my own, I'd totally buy Jisei...sigh. Until then, I suppose I'll keep up with your free games.
Back to top Go down
http://quadrilateralstudios.webs.com
Madoka

Madoka

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:26 pm

I really like the game. I've recomended it to a few of my friends as well, and we all have played it a whole lot. I've played a few other otome games on the DS but I even though this one is free I really like it more.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Many thanks to both of you~ We really appreciate it. Even if you can't buy our stuff, just sharing with your friends and giving us feedback means the world. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE: Alistair Feedback
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next