sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RE: Alistair Feedback

Go down 
+41
AnglBunny
arachni42
aime moi
LorenaFA
KoriNeko18
YukiNakamura
Rumi
Madoka
Mew Cookie
Fox Lee
Thelo
Fangurl18
puffausten
Mari
Titania
Xavim2000
Pyapi
Lokuri
Caimekaze
Jayd0LuVdEReK ♥
Teddiekun
DancingLeaf
mechanic
Cardia
Ftaró
DreamingShadows
HyuugaNinHitsuzen
Ginri
megami195
Riena
Yui
Archeia
Kirroha
midnight_sky
Syphri
FirefromAshes
Shattered-Marionette
tooaya
Thee Forsaken One
CosmicPudding
sake-bento
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirroha

Kirroha

RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Yup, Shiro\'s name can be written as \"White\" or \"City\" in Kanji, or it can be written as another two words, but that doesn\'t matter.

So is there a need to translate the usernames? Since usernames can be alright in English.

Last edited by Kirroha on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:56 pm

I chose 白 when I wrote it because
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 pm

that's clever, sake. o-o

but yeah, names are the least important content we want to translate...lol
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:44 pm

XD Yeah, I know. Should we start a separate thread for translations projects?
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:47 pm

well, several people applied, but then never sent in their samples. -_-;

I was thinking if they do (and I find the translation to be decent), then maybe you can invite them over to this forum and start a topic for it, but...we'll see, I set the deadline to be next week.
Back to top Go down
Kirroha

Kirroha

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:03 am

Translated a bit of the scene where you are on Shiro's path and accuse him of being Alistair.

美瑞:嗯…… 嗨。
白:怎么啦?是不是有什么事烦着你啊?
美瑞:嗯,是关于你玩的网上游戏,Rivenwell Online...
白:是的,又怎么啦?
美瑞:你就是Alistair,对吗?
白:你说什么?我跟他一点也不像啊!
美瑞:等等,难道你认识他吗?
白:啊…… 那-那个吗……
*白立刻抓住我的手,二话不说就把我拉进走廊。*
*他指向走廊尽头的一个人。*

Would've translated more had my parents not come home at that time.
Back to top Go down
Archeia

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 am

Hello~! I have a bug report Smile

After having all of the needed stats for Travis, I decided that he might be Alistair, after a few talks I got this error:

Spoiler:
Thank you~
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 am

sake, the way the forum is set up is not very appropriate. o_o; You have to register to post a report, but then you'd be able to see the developer forum too?

anyway, I'm gonna make a new thread for the translators.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:12 am

I'm pretty sure only the devs can see the developer forum. O_o I'll add Kirroha to the list.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:14 am

Archeia wrote:
Hello~! I have a bug report Smile

After having all of the needed stats for Travis, I decided that he might be Alistair, after a few talks I got this error:

Spoiler:
Thank you~

Here's a quick fix:
Download this: http://www.box.net/shared/kjlfivg92j
And put it in the game folder. It'll ask you to overwrite a file, and that's fine.
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:19 am

really? *didn't know she's a developer rank* owo;
but yeah, the translation thread is up: http://sakevisual.friendhood.net/two-month-challenge-f1/rea-translation-project-rea-t14.htm
Back to top Go down
ClubOfTh

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 am

I already play this game, the plot is interesting and make me smile with characters relation.

for me I would give 9/10 (just 9 cuz I would like to play more. ^_^)

PS. I really like Rui's personality.
Back to top Go down
Yui

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:02 am

Hi~ I was wondering how many endings there are because I've done Shiro, Derek and Travis's bonus endings (and the Don't get mad get you enemies banned) yet still the bonus ending button isn't available...am I missing a ending I need to do?
Back to top Go down
Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:32 pm

There's an alone ending as well. So five in all.
Back to top Go down
http://theeforsakenone.deviantart.com
Emy

PostSubject: Endings   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Um, about the five endings. I really suck. What I mean is that I got most of the endings. Like the one for Shiro(my fav. by the way), the one for Travis( my 2nd fav), and Derek(who I somehow just hate). Which means I got all the CGs for the characters and bonus scenes for...The only thing I'm missing it the 2nd CG in the Others section...you know the one next to the Rivenwell's Boss Monster...D: I try to ignore the guys&do horrible...but I didn't get a CG for that...for my 'alone' ending...So pretty much...If there is a CG for this alone ending...How do I get it because somehow I failed trying to fail. I really,really,really want that bonus??? scene! >///< Exclamation Exclamation Sad
Back to top Go down
Riena

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:35 pm

It took me forever to figure this out, too. x.x You have to play through the game, and then choose one of the characters that does not apply. In other words, if you played for Travis, you have to accuse Shiro of being Alistair and vice-versa. This doesn't work if you played for Derek though.

I really, really love this game!!! ^_______^ You guys are really inspiring. Thank you for putting so much time and hardwork into this!
Back to top Go down
Emy

PostSubject: Thank you!   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Rienna! Thank you soooo much! OH! Well,wow, I feel dumb! That really makes soo much sense!!! Okay, okay! I get it! XD Thank you once more! OOOhhh! I am so excited now!!! >W< This game really is AWESOME! It's so much fun! Thank you for you hard work and thought into this! You really made an awesome game! An addicting and fun one!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy *HUG*
Back to top Go down
megami195

megami195

PostSubject: Squee!   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:00 pm

This game is WAY cute and yay for you guys making it. ^___^ Shiro so cute. He's one of my fave character types. Travis sets of Moeh alarms from me too <3

I look forward to more games I love you
Back to top Go down
http://megami195.deviantart.com/
Ginri

Ginri

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:33 pm

I finished the game yesterday, and I would just like to say it's amazing. Good work!! I enjoyed the script, the artwork (ESPECIALLY the artwork! *drool*), and the programming.

Though, I have some questions.
1. (Not sure if it's spoilers, but to be safe...)
Spoiler:

2. Do you have concept art for all four characters? I like drawing fanart, but I only see their waist-up. D:

Thanks. ^^
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:46 pm

1.)
Spoiler:

2.) There are a few sketches, but I they're only headshots. ^_^;; We would totally love fanart, though, and you are welcome to make up things to fill in the gaps if necessary.
Back to top Go down
HyuugaNinHitsuzen

HyuugaNinHitsuzen

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey all! Just wanted to say that the game is awesome; it comes off as totally professional, which is quite the feat in the English-speaking ren'ai world! ( Well, there are a few pretty high-quality English VNs, but they're B>G and most have niggling flaws... like Morning Star's battle system. -_-; )

Um... Anyway, right. Being a somewhat-accomplished VN/dating-sim player (though mostly B>G, as said), I am embarrassed to admit that one of Travis' CGs has apparently foiled me. I'm using the new version, so it's not like there are any bugs: I'm just failing that one. ORZ

Also, while I got each guy's ending + bonus scene.
Spoiler:
without a problem (thanks, too many VNs/dsims to be healthy! XD), the final ending has me stumped. xD; I'm really, really stubborn about using guides (I play my video game background!) so I forged on blindly, but despite getting the three guys' endings plus the accuse-the-wrong-person/end-up-alone ending, I can't figure out what the fifth one is or how to get it. Am I missing something obvious? ORZ

I'll leave a more in-depth review after I (hopefully) beat the game completely; that's my modus operandi, anyway. ^_^ Oh, and as a sidenote, this is the cutest messageboard ever! It makes me think of the Hello Kitty Cafe~ <3
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Thank you so much! It's great to hear feedback, and we're all glad you liked it. ^o^ (And I'm glad you like the message board, too~

HyuugaNinHitsuzen wrote:
Um... Anyway, right. Being a somewhat-accomplished VN/dating-sim player (though mostly B>G, as said), I am embarrassed to admit that one of Travis' CGs has apparently foiled me. I'm using the new version, so it's not like there are any bugs: I'm just failing that one. ORZ
Spoiler:

HyuugaNinHitsuzen wrote:

despite getting the three guys' endings plus the accuse-the-wrong-person/end-up-alone ending, I can't figure out what the fifth one is or how to get it.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
HyuugaNinHitsuzen

HyuugaNinHitsuzen

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm

1. *facepalm* Argh, thanks; I think this is one case where my standard play-habits (i.e., a number of strategical saves from which to load at whatever last point I think I should have done something differently) has worked against me. ORZ

2. Hm...
Spoiler:

And thanks so much for responding so quickly <3
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:28 pm

HyuugaNinHitsuzen wrote:

2. Hm...
Spoiler:

And thanks so much for responding so quickly <3
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
HyuugaNinHitsuzen

HyuugaNinHitsuzen

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 pm

All right, my super-comprehensive review for RE: Alistair!

Warning: SPOILERS AHOY!!! Although... I think anyone who reads this will probably know the spoilers anyway. XD

STORYLINE
* I liked how you managed to weave the 'mystery' in with the romance part, and how the romance wasn't all that abrupt; it didn't come out of nowhere, to speak, so it felt a lot more natural than otherwise!
* Although Fiona and Travis say that the average gamer wouldn't take the game into real life... Well, I've known some pretty hardcore gamers, so that didn't seem unrealistic to me! XD
* I also like the fact that each storypath got its own share of time, so that any of them could be considered canon if you want to look at it that way-- A lot of games have an Obviously Canon Ending, for better or for worse, and I thought RE: Alistair benefited from not seeming so rigid.

ART
* Gorgeous and professional, duh! <3 Were the backgrounds your work? I forget. XD; Anyway, the backgrounds really caught my eye, rather than all of them being Photoshopped photos or something; it really helped create the atmosphere.
* Meiru's design is so cute! <3 She's got a section down there, of course, but on a purely visual level, I like how she's cute but you can totally buy her being a gamer girl too, rather than using standard stereotypes. If I were a guy, I'd totally have a crush on her too. <3
* All three guys are perfectly in-character, so to speak; you can identify their roles spot-on. More on them in their respective sections~

AUDIO
* Super cute music and totally fitting! Although I normally play on Mute with other music on, I really think you've got a talent for matching audio to scene!
* The sound-effects were good, too; they added to the scene (ex. the sword-sounds from the RO opening) without being... too cartoony? Yeah. ^^

HUD/CONTROLS
* That programming is amazing! Everything worked so smoothly... I'm jealous! *_*
* I did initially confuse myself; typical Ren'Py work lets you right-click to save, so I kept staring blankly when the controls disappeared. XD; But I figured it out eventually, and I've gotta say I like what you did: The art and BGs are gorgeous, so getting a full look at them is a nice touch!
* And for pure aesthetics, I really liked the way you had the HUD set up. Meiru even had her own headshot in it, and the wing motif with the pearls is beautifully sleek and efficient.
* Overall, I thought everything from the title screen onward was completely awesome: Pretty yet elegant, themed yet not boring, and totally efficient as well!

RIVENWELL ONLINE
* Although you don't actually play through these parts, it plays a large part in the game and is pretty unique, so it gets its own section.
* This seems as though it were equally influenced by The World of .hack (the character designs, plus the town with its canals and portals) and more Western MMOs like World of Warcraft *the hotkey'd bars at the bottom). That's just IMO, though. XD Was it based partially off Ragnarok Online?
* I really loved the design of the interface, which really looks as though it could be functional-- I'd totally play this game! (well, depends partly on the monthly fees...)
* The notices in the mail were 100% authentic, as this MMO/micropayment gamer can attest; added a sense of realism to get them in your Inbox.
** Same goes for the quests and the announcements thereof, and even the no-gambling rule.
* Shiro's crossplaying is so very true to life: I, for one, almost always play male characters, despite being female the last time I checked. XD I particularly like how you could guess it by the end, what with Fiona's concern about how you're looking for Alistair might turn out, and Shiro's hidden badass side coming out. XD
* I wanna play a Guardian! DX But is it an admin/GM-only class? I thought it might be, but then it doesn't make sense that Travis would want people to treat his character the same-- PCs would definitely know about an admin/GM-only class!
** Now I totally want to know what all the classes are! Angel, Demon, Knight, Guardian... And darn it, I knew the answer to that riddle! Although I liked Meiru's solution better...
* They all look like they spent money on their avatars-- Although, I've done the same, definitely. Oddly, Alistair looks almost standard; maybe Derek can't afford to buy giftcards without his parents noticing? (Again, I empathize. ORZ)

MEIRU
* Have I mentioned she's cute? XD
* Meiru isn't like a lot of ren'ai main characters, male or female; she's not totally apathetic or immediately 'special,' either. She really comes across as your typical girl with a strong personality, which really makes her a fun character to play as.
* I also like her short temper and lack of impulse control, largely because of how it contrasts with how she treats people once they're her friends (understanding, helpful, and surprisingly sweet).
* Because of her personality, Derek's ending is perfectly believable: With some characters it might be awkward to have her forgive-and-forget, but you can understand how Meiru might write it up to past errors and be able to accept the real Derek rather than Alistair the Demon.
* She may or may not be a yaoi fan. I think I saw a Magnet parody tacked up by her desk? XD
* It surprised me to find out that she's a Scorpio! Although, since Derek's a Pisces, maybe that's why they work out in their ending? (At first I thought it was backwards... xD)

DEREK
* His character design is awesome; although I totally knew he was Alistair going into his path, his casualwear still makes my heart fangirl a little. Of course, I've got a thing for guys with chokers, but... =._.=
* The pink streak in his hair... I don't know exactly how, but it somehow indicates his devious personality to me. XD
* I like the fact that he's still a jerk in the non-Derek endings; after all, he doesn't have the motivation to change that he does in his ending (that is, Meiru), so it makes sense. Kudos to not making him a Good Guy even when a lot of people would have preferred it!
* He and Alistair have the same eyes! (Well, one's chibi, but...) XD Just thought I'd note that down somewhere... ORZ Though, Merui pretty much plays herself, so...
* His ending makes me D'AWWWWWW~ happily. I like Derek somewhere on par with Travis, poll be damned! XD
* His Alistair persona reminds me of Sora from .hack//SIGN - A smarter-than-he-looks kid who's a jerk online because he can't be offline (lest his parents find out). Then again, I liked Sora too...
* "Maybe it's because you crossdress online." Sorry, Shiro, but this made me LOL. XD

TRAVIS
* Travis is tied with Derek for my favorite guy, because I like the cool megane type. XD
* Is his outfit really just an outfit, or is it the uniform from his old school? It's probably not, but since that's happened in several anime/manga the possibility just popped into my head. XD
* Somehow, the thought of Derek taking care of his family while his mom recovers and his dad works is oddly adorable. He seems like the kind of boyfriend who'd take care of you when you're sick-- He did promise to protect Meiru, after all!
* Oda's design is awesome~ <3 I'm a sucker for glowy bits, though.
* I want to join that Computer Games club! I think it's kind of hilarious that he has a reputation for being... What, exactly? Some kind of high-school computer-whiz yakuza? XD
* I liked his reaction when Meiru asked him to fix her PC; I've seen my IT friends have that exact same reaction. Often when I ask them the same thing. XD;;; (Sorry guys!)
* I also thought the interactions with the video games were fun. Actually, now I feel like playing some of them... Was Other World based on the Harvest Moon series? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, just ignore me. ^^;;; )

SHIRO
* Shiro's headphones... Does he ever use them? O_O I kid, I kid! <3
** They've got a wing motif on them, though; are they official Rivenwell Online merchandise? *would totally get them in a different color*
** *Or stickers or something*
* Even though he's totally moe and a little spacy, he's got kind of a darker, angry side; I think that depth's pretty awesome. If there had been more time, I definitely would have liked to see that explored a little more~
* His ending gave me a warm fuzzy feeling; like, he and Meiru would be really good for each other. He's already used to looking out for her online... XD
* Although I didn't start out liking him that much - I was neutral, I guess - by the middle of his storypath I wound up liking him a lot more. Although he's not my super-uber-favorite (sorry again, Shiro!), I still feel bad when completing a different path and not getting the top-rate project grade. ORZ
* I think it's adorable when Meiru invites him to her room to study and he turns red and gets flustered. Compared to the other two guys, he's really shy when it comes to being around Meiru (although he totally get to sleep with her on his shoulder, which was also major cute points).

Final Thoughts
A very polished game, and quite the enjoyable experience; even going after the different endings didn't have the same tedious feeling that you get while replaying a lot of other VNs. The characters are likable (except when they're not supposed to be) and well-designed; the backgrounds haven't been skimped on; and even the game-within-the-game is fleshed out admirably. Getting any end but the obvious Bad Ending is satisfactory, even if you didn't wind up with a guy, which is pretty unique to this genre as a whole. The package is wrapped up with a well-designed flourish, and even though I've unlocked everything I'll likely return to RE: Alistair and replay it again.

Final Score
RE: Alistair receives 5 Blessed Stones out of 5 - An excellent game! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE: Alistair Feedback   RE: Alistair Feedback - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE: Alistair Feedback
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next