sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports

Go down 
+47
Vinnie
Yotsuba
GlowGlow
ellzee
Nii
riviera
Italian
miharu-chan
Shadow_
crestforte
iVinnie
Chiabride
goldensundrop
rainingbows
zen_strike
Aleksander
minibells
De-chan
taliel
LilLaoRyo704
darcysaya
CeruleanSky
Jiwga
Nimiety
rufiangel
NiceThai
ShadowCreative
Litimo
chudah
Misha Leigh
tooaya
azalyne
The Better Story
Ayuuria
yuuyas
Mie
rookie-san
Jelaine
Pixelen
BonBonBunny
Nekochi
awesomeautumn
Punchysporkk
keltena
Lira
papapon
AnglBunny
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Nekochi

Nekochi

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 6:17 pm

sake-bento wrote:
If you're on John or Matthew's route, the GPA should disappear in summer, since Sian isn't in school anymore. If you see it as "--" anywhere else, please note when and where. (Conversely, if you DO see a GPA show up on their routes in summer, please note that as well).
Well, in that case, the GPA still shows up on the weekday planner screen.
Back to top Go down
http://nerdyrevelries.tumblr.com
papapon

PostSubject: Missing item Version Beta 0.3b Mac version   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:12 pm

I am not sure if this is a bug or just that I do the route wrongly.
It was around the Xmas time , I was trying to get to Adam route but may be not successful.
I accepted Dale job for the Midnight party make up job and before that went to the Mall with Adam to get Xmas gift , brought something form the bookstore, then I was asked to change costume, which I changed back to default clothing.

Then at the weekly schedule time, I went to the ??? shop and buy perfume then the week went by.
Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 Screen12
Till the I was ask if I wanted to give some gift to Matt. the screen was empty has no item, then I pressed return to run through the event,
Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 Screen13
then at afternoon Xmas, the item UI appeared again( gift exchange with Adam) I pressed return and no event occurred with Adam.

Then I opened the inventory UI and all the items I brought were in the inventory.
Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 Screen14

Would there be anything that I did wrong? or there is some condition of the route that I had not fulfilled?

I think when I load save data and skip Matt Xmas event, I can see the item in the inventory so not sure if it is related to matt route

Last edited by papapon on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lira

Lira

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:13 pm

When that happens, you have to press the arrow button at the bottom to get to the items. It's weird.
Back to top Go down
Nekochi

Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Another CG error to report in addition to the ones I've gotten for the CGs with multiple outfit options: if you try to click on Benito's second to last CG, an error message pops up. My suspicion is that this is the case because I've only actually seen the version with black cards in game, but the thumbnail in the gallery shows him with white cards. (That said, the scene also seems to come a little bit out of nowhere. It'd be less jarring if there was some sort of preamble to it.)

Benito's Christmas eve CG hasn't shown up in my gallery, either, despite having seen it in game.

Finally, Matthew's second to last CG shows Sian wearing her default outfit, regardless of what she was actually wearing in game. So maybe you should include some sort of comment about her having to change into her work clothes or something? Unless that's a CG that's meant to have multiple versions, then the problem is that the wrong version is showing up.
Back to top Go down
rookie-san

rookie-san

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:31 am

Some small things I found at the start of the game:

- At the beginning when you meet John after the Adam's shoot, the text "I search for a reason to get him to leave" is accompanied by Sian's sprite and name (I assume it's meant to be a thought)

- a few lines later, there was a typo and an extra 'when'- "For a while we’d say when whenver"

- When Sian meets Matthew in the mall with Nicole for the first time, she thinks "Matt looks at me hopeful" - wasn't sure whether it was intentional that Sian called him Matt.

(Mac OS X): Not sure if these are worth mentioning:

- I was first using the enter key to go to the next line. A few times in game, I opened the history log and pressed the x button to exit. I pressed enter to carry on, but it opened the calendar because my pointer was hovering over the icon (from when I had pressed x). I guess it might be better to disable the enter key from advancing the text (make it instead exclusively for making choices).

- I ended up using the spacebar key instead, but I found that if any of the icons were highlighted (whether by mouse or arrow keys), then spacebar wouldn't advance the text.

- On the plus side, I discovered that I could use the keyboard arrows to joggle through the options/buttons, however this doesn't work for the weekend screen, inventory items, wardrobe items, shop items, email/messageboard, planner screen, and map. It does work for the tabs on the inventory, wardrobe, shop, and email/messageboard screens, but nothing else.

- Also on the pause menu screen; as someone mentioned, I think the there are invisible buttons when you go to any of the screens, and this interferes with navigating with the arrow buttons (I had to press down a few times before "return" was highlighted).

- In games control, maybe mention that pressing "f" is a shortcut for fullscreen (I always like that shortcut)?

Wish I had more to add, but my computer's battery died while playing and I didn't save D':
Back to top Go down
keltena

keltena

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 pm

At Valentine's Day on John's route, and I, uh... think Sian had a little difficulty putting on her dress?

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 ID5m4FF

(Still on 0.3b, and as you can see she was wearing the classy winter clothes before.)

EDIT: For the record, this continues after she puts on the shawl.
Back to top Go down
http://keltena.tumblr.com/
Mie

Mie

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 am

I am playing version 0.3a on Mac and I have run into an error message involving Valentine's Day with Benito. The error message (or the "exception has occurred' message) appears if Sian chooses the friendly hello option over the romantic option. I am pretty sure that I had chosen the 'friendly' option without problem in a previous run of the game. I can't remember all of the choice differences I have made between these two runs, but I know in the current game I had him show me a trick at Cafe Diem, while in the previous run I chose to talk about work.

I hope I have given enough to help. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
yuuyas

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:00 am

I'm running 0.3b on Windows 8, and so far, nothing's crashed the game yet. Though I do find myself suddenly going back to the title screen whenever I click too fast when it goes through the sequence of the week's schedule. I had to keep reloading from saves, since I lose the progress made.

Here's what I have so far that no one's pointed out yet.

Bugs/Inconsistencies/Funny Things

1. When taking John to the movies, if you give him a cupcake, he switches from glasses to hat. Also, he switches from hat to glasses when asking him what he thought about the movie.
2. Actually, it happens on John's birthday, too. He switches from glasses to hat after Sian hands him her gift.
3. On 8/28, when talking to John outside Dodgson Studios, after picking, "Say you'll be fine." the line "I search for a reason to get him to leave." is in dialogue, and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be. ^^"

The Grammar Nazi in me says:

1. On 9/21, Prof. Coulson says, "An excellent question, and a perfect segway into your assignment." -- "Segway" is spelled "segue".
2. On 10/3, Lloyd says, "There's as artist out west..." -- "There's an artist out west..."
3. On 2/7, Allison says, "There's my favorite makeup artist! in the whole wide world!" -- There's an unneeded exclamation point after "artist".
4. On John's path, 2/10, when Lloyd talks to you at Pho 24, he says, "I was finishing my last year in the UK when I got a job offer to direct Double Agent back in the states." -- "States" should be capital.
5. On Adam's path, 2/8, when you're fighting, Adam says, "I try to spent time with you..." -- "I try to spend time with you..."

Uhh, so far, I've mostly looked over missing commas, but yeah. There's a lot of missing commas. ^^" I find phrasing a bit awkward at times, but I kind of just left it alone and went for the glaring technicalities. For now, I have screenshots for what I've pointed out so far though, if anyone wants them.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:24 am

It's okay to point out missing commas. There are points with imperfect grammar based on who's speaking, but it's still better to know what stands out because I'm sure not all of it is on purpose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sakevisual.com
Ayuuria

Ayuuria

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:03 pm

f you find a bug in gameplay, please include the version you're playing, the in-game date you were at, and which character's path you're on (if any) along with any other details y

Windows 3.0a
6/3 (Weekday)
John's route

John's birthday took happened twice, first on Thursday and then on the weekend. I gave him the truffles the first time and tea the second time and it still triggered the CG.

Then I have another glitch after getting Sian's alone route.
Okay so I got to the part where Sian is featured in a magazine
And then the game kept going, despite the credits having already shown.

Also caught a typo
"There's as a artist out west..." - Lloyd
Can't remember what day it was on.
Back to top Go down
http://ayuuria.deviantart.com
awesomeautumn

awesomeautumn

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Windows, 0.3b, 8/28
When you don't want to accept a ride home from John, Sian says "I search for a reason to get him to leave." Sian's sprite and name pop up like she said it out loud.
8/29 "No... no today is Saturday." Maybe there should be a comma after the second 'no'? (I love commas, so I'm not sure if it's really a problem or preference :/ )
Back to top Go down
The Better Story

PostSubject: A few small things!   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Really like the game so far, but I've noticed a few things! On John's route, even though I read the cellphone message from Lloyd Sian still didn't go to John's birthday. Also, there was a small typo when they were discussing how they might have trouble getting the show on the air. Lloyd says, "They just don't want an action show lead by a woman." It should be led, not lead.
Back to top Go down
azalyne

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 5:22 pm

I've really been enjoying the game so far Smile

I've played through Sian's solo route (although since I had the endless august loop that route didn't so much end as go on forever and ever)
and John's route. Here's what I've noticed:

general:
-during spring finals there's the stand in line (Alvin tells Sian about Finals)
- at higher level charisma, you get paid/popularity twice at the start of the month
-oftentimes the date finals triggers is a week different than the dates listed on the calender
-there's no music playing while on the title screen (intentional?)

On Johns route:
-when you get on John's route, you no longer get your monthly scholarship update during any month
-anytime you go to Pho place during John's birthday week, it launches his birthday event (including if you have already had it, meaning you can celebrate his birthday every day all week)
-During John's birthday event he randomly switches between hat version and glasses version
-I don't know if this is intentional or not, but during the week of June 13, after school is out for the summer, Sian still goes to classes

I'm not sure if you also want general feedback as well as bug feedback, but I have some. Ignore it if you don't want it, I won't mind Smile

Pacing: I think the beginning of the game is so well done and packed, that the back end of the game (generally after Christmas) feels super empty and slow in comparison. There's lots less events, almost no new emails and it ends up being weeks and weeks with nothing but leveling stats. This might just be because you have a lot more new awesome stuff planned that hasn't been implemented yet, but right now it doesn't feel very perfectly paced.

Email/Texting: I think there is an amazing opportunity to add depth to game using email/texts that are already in the system without needing any new assets aside from writing and (hopefully minimal) programming. Sian only ever gets work emails/texts or things that are related to school (at least that I've seen,) besides a few phone calls texts/ from Adam. I think this is a great place where you can add some more character, romance and depth to game- just have other characters email or text in reaction to their events! A follow up email/text could be a lot of fun. Especially if you have a post date chain, where a certain amount of dates, or going to see a certain movie sometime can trigger an email, since those get repetitive really quickly.

Character Profiles: I'm not sure if it's just me, but I spent the beginning of the game a little confused about who John was and how I was supposed to know him, I was surprised to find out he was an actor and not just a mean producer. The game later mentions he's practically twice your age, but I would have liked to know how old exactly that was. I think it might be nice to have a link in the extras to character profiles, with one of their pictures that gives names, ages, hometown's, profession, maybe personality info?

Specifically about John: I liked him a lot as a character, especially since he was difficult to get to know. But to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I knew him all that well at the end.
Ending specific comments: :

I hope that all didn't sound too critical! I'm really enjoying the game, you guys have done a super awesome job. Thanks for all your hard work!
Back to top Go down
Ayuuria

Ayuuria

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Windows 3.0a
12/24 (Weekday)
General?

When you get Matt the board game for christmas, there's a typo
"I know it's kind of childish, but I figure you may not have had a change to play this."
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Posted updated files in the first post to upgrade with some small bugfixes. Depending on which version you have, you may have to restart your game, but in general there shouldn't be much of a difference. Next update will address a few more bugs, but mostly be a content add-on, which you WILL need to start over for.
Back to top Go down
Ayuuria

Ayuuria

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 pm

So I updated my game from 3.0a to 3.0d and I replaced the old rpycs with the new ones but now I can't even continue the game anymore. For 9/6 the game crashes when I click the map, when I click sleep, call, or wardrobe it goes to the inventory instead. I closed and reopened the game but that didn't help.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Can you paste the traceback.txt from when it crashes?

You can also try re-downloading the new file from the email link, since that runs fine.
Back to top Go down
Ayuuria

Ayuuria

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:32 pm

I sent an e-mail with the trace back but do you still want me to post it here as well?
Back to top Go down
Mie

Mie

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm also having the same trouble as Ayuuria, except it is happening on 9/20. I'm playing the re-downloaded 0.3d version.
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:42 pm

keep getting random missing files in the new patch lol

Traceback: missing vv_newposter:
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Ah, I forgot to comment out the code for the content update. Should be good now.
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Townmap_template.png is still missing from game/map.rpy at line 64. :'D

full traceback:
Back to top Go down
Ayuuria

Ayuuria

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:02 pm

Also opening the inventory on the weekend is still causing the game to go whack. Once I open the inventory, it will go to the inventory even if I select wardrobe, phone, or sleep.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin
sake-bento

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 pm

The 0.3d update: https://app.box.com/s/bzcl6k7r8urrt39q4vpa
Added the extra image, might work now, but updated first post to tell people to just re-download. Inventory,email, and other things are handled differently now after it was pointed out that stuff can get lost if you save on those screens. If you're working from a save file, it might not work with the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nekochi

Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Okay, replaying Adam's path (so many fanfic ideas are percolating, I swear, I'm going to be just like tooaya, just with Adam and fanfiction instead of John and fanart) with the newest version and just wanted to confirm that the multi-outfit CGs are working better now with one small disclaimer. While they will show up in your CG gallery now, the one that shows up is the CG with the default outfit, even if you haven't gotten that one yet. If you haven't gotten the CG with the default outfit and click on the CG, it will show up full size, but will give you an error if you try to cycle through to see what other ones you've gotten. Once you get the default outfit version of the CG though, it works just fine. :3

Also, not an actual bug, but I wanted to say I love the message boards, but I think they'd be even better if they had more content added in response to the events of the game, like what happens with the Ren Fest thread (which, by the way, is my favorite thread ever, lol, poor Alvin.) For example, the Magic Kid? thread could be updated when the filming happens on campus and someone could later say they found the link to his blog or something. And the Adam Eaton thread could be updated after his TV interview. I also find it a little hard to believe that no one would update the John Brandon thread after the award show to comment on his date and OMG, she looks just like this one girl in my math class! Does she go here?

Anyway, great job so far, I'm having loads of fun and I'm sure there will end up being some fanfiction from me at some point in the not too distant future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next