sakevisual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports

Go down 
+47
Vinnie
Yotsuba
GlowGlow
ellzee
Nii
riviera
Italian
miharu-chan
Shadow_
crestforte
iVinnie
Chiabride
goldensundrop
rainingbows
zen_strike
Aleksander
minibells
De-chan
taliel
LilLaoRyo704
darcysaya
CeruleanSky
Jiwga
Nimiety
rufiangel
NiceThai
ShadowCreative
Litimo
chudah
Misha Leigh
tooaya
azalyne
The Better Story
Ayuuria
yuuyas
Mie
rookie-san
Jelaine
Pixelen
BonBonBunny
Nekochi
awesomeautumn
Punchysporkk
keltena
Lira
papapon
AnglBunny
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Misha Leigh

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:08 pm

The final CG (number 12) is missing from John's friendship route in Version 0.3d. I played it going to the ren fair and not going to see if it made a difference because you still win the trip but don't go.
Back to top Go down
Ayuuria

Ayuuria

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:56 pm

I just did Matts route and apparently I'm missing a CG from his romance route that was suppose to have happened automatically. (CG 10, the one after the painting he does and before the elf cg)

Also the part where Rachel talks about putting the Vice/Versus posters all over her wall, a message at the top shows up that says image Rachel tease not found"

8/28
When turning down John for the ride, there's a typo
Sian: "For a while, we'd say hi when whenever we saw eachother..."
Back to top Go down
http://ayuuria.deviantart.com
Nekochi

Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Ran into another error. For some reason, if you tell Adam you'll help with his pre-Christmas concert and then tell Benito you'll hang out with him on Christmas Eve, you don't get any events relating to Adam's concert on that day, nor do you tell Benito you can't hang out because of prior commitments.

(P.S. There's been at least one point during my time playing this game that I read sake-bento as sake-benito, haha.)

Last edited by Nekochi on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nerdyrevelries.tumblr.com
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Found kind of a neat thing, though I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to be there. On page 1 of save/load game, you can actually click on the left arrow and go back two pages.

http://gyazo.com/1cae7387ba294be399fa23bfc98d3604 ( page -1)
http://gyazo.com/ddfb5d61ed28b1c32e73268854b3fa47 (page -2 )
Back to top Go down
Ayuuria

Ayuuria

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:14 am

I was looking through the CG gallery and this popped up when I was trying to look at Ben's CG
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://ayuuria.deviantart.com
chudah

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Just a small typo report (I haven't read through the entire thread, so disregard if someone else has reported it already):

8/27 - "The guard draws himself up to full height, and I before I know it, I've already shrunk away from him."

Pretty sure that first "I" is a mistake.  Will post more as I find them!

Also, do you take suggestions on the artwork?  Everything looks good to me so far, except I think John's default pose looks a little stiff with both of his arms straight down by his side.  Perhaps having one in his pocket would look better?  I understand if changes to the art isn't possible this far along, but just wanted to give my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Litimo

PostSubject: John route, birthday but no gifts   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Hello, I'm on John's route and when i went to "go shopping", "Pho 24", then when the pop up of the inventory screen showed up, I had no items. I should have still have some items for gift giving but nothing shows up. On the item description box it says "item name".

I then loaded up my save file before picking up "go shopping" (to go to Pho 24) and click all my items tabs and saw I did in fact have 5 items. I then went back, clicked "go shopping", "Pho 24" and my items then showed up in the next screen.

Ps, do i put the contents of the pop-up screen in game file? (just updated from 0.3a to 0.3d by putting in the contents into game file and overwriting previous file.
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Chudah: It's fine. If I can, I'd probably have redone all the sprites haha o<-<

Litimo: I think you are supposed to redownload the entire game from the the link in the preorder confirmation e-mail. See if that solves the issue?
Back to top Go down
Nekochi

Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 pm

The text for your final job with Benito says it will be on Wednesday night. It's actually Thursday night. It's a good thing that Sian's psychic and knows the actual days when events are going to happen and doesn't have to rely on these scatterbrained boys. Wink
Back to top Go down
Misha Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 5:31 am

When Adam comes to ask Sian about the Christmas concert on 12/13 which is a Monday he says that it's this coming Thursday, but it's actually the next Thursday 12/24.

The last CG for John's friendship route doesn't show up. I don't mean just the CG unlocking in the gallery, it actually doesn't appear in the game.

Also, this one really isn't a bug I just thought it was strange that in John's romantic route he calls her Miss Goodwin but in his friendship route he calls her Sian. I also think it's odd that Adam never seems to notice that she's dating John, but he comments about her and Benito.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCreative

ShadowCreative

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:45 am

In version o.3d there seems to be a glitch the weekend after the Halloween events. If you go into the wardrobe to change clothes, once you click OK to finish you get sent back to the title screen. Not a huge problem, but if you've forgotten to save recently beforehand and you lose a lot of stats you built up it's pretty frustrating.
Back to top Go down
chudah

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 12:15 pm

TYPOS

Tuesday 9/8 - I'm not sure if I'm on anyone's route yet, but it's at the first studio shoot for Adam:

John rushes out to meet as as soon as we step into the studio.

The first "as" should be "us".

Weekend 10/3 - Cops and Robbers just got greenlit, Sian is celebrating with Lloyd and John at Pho 24

Lloyd
"There's as artist out west I worked with who I want to design the scar for John's character."

The "as" should be "an".

Thursday 10/8 - Adam's Birthday.  Sian decided to not give him a gift.

Adam
"Hey, what's up?"

Sian
"Just about. I almost forgot we were doing this, though, and I didn't get you anything."

The two lines don't mesh, either there's something missing or the "Just about" should be removed.

Thursday 10/8 - Adam and Sian walk around campus.

Across the lawn, a group students spies Adam. They begin waving frantically.

It should read "group of students".

Monday 10/12 - First day of shooting for Vice/Versus

John
'Afternoon, mate.

Remove the apostraphe before "Afternoon".

BUGS

Weekend 10/25

Sian chose Sleep but did not receive a reduction to her fatigue.

SUGGESTIONS

- Certain foods/items mention they reduce stress, but there's no stress stat in the game, (I'm pretty sure they reduce fatigue).  This can be a little confusing in the beginning, but I'm not sure of the best way to clarify it.

- Would it be possible to add dates to the emails? I just think it would be helpful especially if I've forgotten to check a weekend and am not sure when the email came in.
Back to top Go down
chudah

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:36 pm

tooaya wrote:
Chudah: It's fine. If I can, I'd probably have redone all the sprites haha o<-<

Ah, that's good to know.  Now that I look at it more, I don't think it's so much that his arms are to his side, but that his hands are strangely facing their backs forward, which I think is what's bothering me so much.  It'd look much more natural if they were to the side with palms against his thighs.  I think that might fix the issue without too much work.
Back to top Go down
tooaya

tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:55 pm

The back of his hand is facing forward because his thumbs are tucked in his pockets. Of course, in the case where there's no pockets, his hands would be stuck in that position since it's on his base sprite.

With the way the outfits are layered, it's not just the hand that would need to be fixed---I'd need to adjust all the outfits to accommodate the hand as well, and I don't know how much it'll take to re-import everything. Right now, other bugs would take priority over this, but if we still have time at the end, I'll see if I can do something about it. (as well as the other sprites )
Back to top Go down
chudah

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:59 pm

tooaya wrote:
The back of his hand is facing forward because his thumbs are tucked in his pockets. Of course, in the case where there's no pockets, his hands would be stuck in that position since it's on his base sprite.

With the way the outfits are layered, it's not just the hand that would need to be fixed---I'd need to adjust all the outfits to accommodate the hand as well, and I don't know how much it'll take to re-import everything.  Right now, other bugs would take priority over this, but if we still have time at the end, I'll see if I can do something about it. (as well as the other sprites )

OK, I totally understand.  I didn't realize his thumbs were in his pocket, so that makes sense.  In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge deal. Sorry to sound nitpicky.  Embarassed   I can be pretty OCD about things sometimes, and that's not often a good thing.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
chudah

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:19 pm

Sorry about not listing a route, but I don't think I'm on any specific route yet (and probably won't end up on one this play through).  This always happens to me on my first time through with these types of games.  I end up stuck with the alone ending cause I have no idea what to do to get a specific guy.  Sad 

TYPOS

Monday 11/2 - Adam and Sian are outside enjoying the first snow of the season.

Prof. Meridia
When the snow stays frozen on the ground and beings to pile up, we say it's sticking.

"beings" should be "begins"

Thursday 11/5 Sian and John are setting up camp in the Break Room at the studio.

I curl up on the couch and and pull my blanket up over my shoulders.

Delete one of the ands.

Thursday 11/12 - Filming the first confontation between Vice and Katerina on Vice/Versus.

John looks he wasn't expecting me to compliment him.

Needs "like" or "as if" inbetween "looks" and "he".

Thursday 2/4 - Sian finds an extra in John's trailer.

Twin-tailed Girl
"I guess it was stupid to think each of extras would get a trailer.

Odd phrasing.  Perhaps "each of us extras" or just "each extra" would work.

Weekend 3/27 - Sian and Adam head out to the fair.

Adam
"Ha, clever. But setting up a pretty tent isn't enough to-"

"Ha, clever. But setting up a pretty tent isn't enough to-ARE THOSE GUITARS!?"

That first line needs to be removed.

SUGGESTIONS

- I'm also thinking that maybe having some type of transition to and from the Planner is needed.  It feels a little jarring going from a scene straight to the the Planner without anything inbetween.  Doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe the Planner sliding in from the right or something.  

- Perhaps adding seasonal detail to the clothing items in the store would be helpful.  I keep buying items and then am unable to wear them because it's not the correct season.  Crying or Very sad 

- I'd love to see something like a preview pane while clothes shopping.  A couple of times I've purchased items, and while they looked like they would match on the "rack", once I put them on Sian they looked simply awful together and I ended up swapping back to the default outfit because she was so mismatched.  A preview pane would definitely help avoid situations like that.  And besides, who doesn't try on clothes before buying them? Wink
Back to top Go down
Pixelen

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:49 am

Adam's CG of him kissing Sian in the aquarium doesn't seem to show up in the gallery. Sorry if someone else has already said that.

Also I experienced the above glitch where it sent me back to the title screen after choosing outfits at Halloween. Not massively problematic but I did lose a few weeks of progress!

Edit: also this is more of an annoyance but if you buy a costume after Meridia talks about Halloween in your lecture, it takes you immediately to the dressing up screen but you can't put on a costume as it's obviously not appropriate, so just unnecessary really.

Last edited by Pixelen on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
papapon

PostSubject: Mac version   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 am

Mac 0.3d version

Just an update on the mac "jumping" screen or black line related issue.
During the process of each week schedule,if I click fast enough and at the position of the save/ load/ setting icon of the dialogue box . I can enter into the save UI or setting UI.

My assumption of this happening is shown as below:

- There is a background event checking function that is tied to the dialogue box.
- At the change of every event (morning and afternoon activities) , the function is called to see if there is any special event .
- This result in the dialogue box being called/rendered.
-When no special events are detected, the function (dialogue box) is being disable -> resulting the black line on screen?

I think may be this problem only happen to the current mac version I am using , but just want to let you know there is such problem for mac version.

Other than that BP is a great game, love the story and art Smile
Back to top Go down
chudah

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:06 pm

A few more typos.

Weekends - After watching "A Funny Thing About Love" with John at the Movie Theater.

John
"It wasn't groundbreaking, but I it appeals to the target audience, so I can't complain."

Delete the first "I" in the sentence.

Monday 7/5 - Adam's TV Interview

Adam
"Wow, us, so much, you know?  I know this probably going to sound silly, but it was my first time seeing a mall with two floors."

Should be "this is probably".

Wednesday 1/23 - Adam's Route

Adam
"You know how were talked about spending more time together and talking about work and stuff?"

"were" should be "we"

Tuesday 1/26 - Adam's Route

I grab my English Literature book, and try reclaim my spot on the bed.  Adam rolls over onto his back to make space for me.

"try reclaim" should be "try to reclaim"

Wednesday 7/14 - Adam's Route

Celina
"They say things about you the way they'd comment on a character in TV show."

Should be "in a TV"
Back to top Go down
rookie-san

rookie-san

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:26 pm

Version 0.3b
Mac OSX
Forever-alone path

Possible typos:

During one of the raffles-
Rachel: Cris! Come to the front of the class and claim your prize.
Chris instead of Cris

2/4 -
Twin-tailed Girl: I guess it was stupid to think each of extras would get a trailer.
each of the extras

3/18 -
As I head toward the trailers, I spy a familiar figure hanging around outside the stuidio.
towards, studio

3/20 -
Talkshow Host: Alright, you heard the man! Tune in yourself next Saturday at 10:00pm for the mid-season finale of Vice/Versus
10:00 pm (missing space after 10:00)

5/19 -
I step out of the makeup trailer and find the Home number on Allison’s phone.
home (small "h")

Other things:

11/1 -
If you go to the wardrobe after the halloween event and press ok, it returns to the main screen

12/24 -
Chosen outfit is replaced by default (not sure if this is intentional)

1/12 -
After the voice recording CG, there's no transition for John and Lloyd's sprites, they sort of suddenly appear.

5/2 -
I took John to the movies and gave him a cupcake. His sprite kept alternating between wearing glasses and having them off.

When blog is updated, two messages appear, repeating the same thing about ad revenue -
My blog is getting more hits these days...
My blog seems to be gaining traction...
Back to top Go down
awesomeautumn

awesomeautumn

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:59 pm

rookie-san wrote:
Version 0.3b
Mac OSX
Forever-alone path

Possible typos:

3/18 -
As I head toward the trailers, I spy a familiar figure hanging around outside the stuidio.
towards, studio

Toward and towards are both correct. I've heard toward is more preferred in American English, while towards is more preferred in British English.
Back to top Go down
Nekochi

Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 9:30 am

rookie-san wrote:
During one of the raffles-
Rachel: Cris! Come to the front of the class and claim your prize.
Chris instead of Cris
Cris is a real name, it's just a more uncommon variant of Chris, the same way that Kris, Chriss, and Kriss all are.
Back to top Go down
NiceThai

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:35 am

not sure if this was already reported

version 0.3d windows

TYPOS

Wed 8/26
....and a maybe job.... => and maybe a job

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 Backst10
Back to top Go down
chudah

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:40 am

I don't think that's a grammatical error.  I take it that she's referring to the job as being a "maybe job", so it still works.  In that context, a maybe job is certainly better than nothing.  I don't see a situation where a job period is maybe better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
NiceThai

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:56 am

chudah wrote:
I don't think that's a grammatical error.  I take it that she's referring to the job as being a "maybe job", so it still works.  In that context, a maybe job is certainly better than nothing.  I don't see a situation where a job period is maybe better than nothing.

Oh I get it now.
English is not my native anyway hehe. Very Happy

edit: I found more typo?

Thu 8/27
and I before I know it => and before I know it
Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 Backst13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next